Taming a 2 year old african ringneck?

bridgetchicken

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Can a 2 year old female african ringneck parrot that spent its life in an outdoor aviary be tamed to sit on the shoulder? Any advice? Would a harness help train the parrot to sit on the shoulder of a person?

I don't believe in wing clipping and that is why I want to use the harness instead. Wing clipping is cruel.

Last edited:
Can a 2 year old female african ringneck parrot that spent its life in an outdoor aviary be tamed to sit on the shoulder? Any advice? Would a harness help train the parrot to sit on the shoulder of a person?

I don't believe in wing clipping and that is why I want to use the harness instead. Wing clipping is cruel.
Spend time with it putting a harness on it will make it hate you more if it's not tamed you can only put a harness on it once it's trained which takes weeks but the bird has to have full trust with you, also wing clipping isn't cruel because it doesn't hurt the bird curel would only be if you are hurting a bird and there also lots of birds who need to be clipped or they will get hurt but spending time with the bird is the best way to tame it but you have to be patient with it also not all birds like to sit on shoulders you shouldnt try to force your bird to do anything

Back
Top Bottom