TeaChick's Chicks

One of my new hatchlings was sick the other day, sitting apart wings a little droopy and eyes closed. It was the peach color one. I put some Corid in their water in the morning and by afternoon, she had perked up! A friend gave me some feed that has medication in it for some weird digestive thing that's been going around for a while now (apparently, I probably lost the first chicken I got from her to this thing back in October). I gave them that feed and put molasses in their water and everyone seems fine. Another one of the hatchlings looked like she was taking a nap this afternoon, but that was at the time that the big chickens do that kind of thing too. I'll check on her again this evening and let you all know how she's doing.

Also, since I lost that hen last week, my big chickens won't even go into the coop. It's like they remember something bad happened in there that night. IDK whether I should try to get them to sleep in there again or not. Today, I set up a lean-to with a pallet leaned inside of it. Maybe I can get them to sleep in there instead of on the porch. IDK. I'd rather they were sleeping in the coop, but I don't feel like they're safe way out there and I don't think they do either. Who knows?

In other news, I've gotten a good start on my classes. I'm reading for Lit right now, but I needed a break.
Everyone take care!!! =)

Now another hatchling is acting under the weather. As soon as they've finished the feed, I'll put Corid in their water.

Busy with school work and moving. Having thirty-something chickens takes a lot of time too.

I woke up this morning and went to let out the juvies. When I checked on the Cochin Bantams and the hatchlings in the brooder, I found two hatchlings dead. They were finished with the special feed, so I put Corid in their water and gave them some regular unmedicated feed (I think it's actually a game flock feed, but whatever). Just now, I was finishing up my school work and DD came to tell me that things weren't looking so good in my brooder. She said my third (and last) hatchling had died and one of the Cochin Bantams didn't look so good. They happened to be out of food (b/c I only had time to give them half of a small peanut butter jar before we went grocery shopping this morning), so I had her fill up their feeder and I disposed of the dead chick.

Now, I'm having a cup of tea.
hit.gif
and
caf.gif

Last edited:
Had an argument with DH today. Now, I have a headache.
We had sausage and pepper sandwiches on freshly baked bread for dinner.
droolin.gif
They were delicious!!!
Now, DD's making sticky date bread muffins.
droolin.gif

Gotta go; running out of battery.
hit.gif

More tomorrow.
love.gif
Love you all!!!

Look what our broody Tina did on day 20.......6 more to go!

wee.gif

Thanks for sharing this!!! So happy for you!
Please let me see pics when they're all hatched, okay?

How are you, BTW?
I've been busy and/or tired, so I haven't been on much. Sorry.
What's going on with you? (Not that anything could compare to a broody hatching out babies!!!)
jumpy.gif

We found out that the sticky cake muffins are supposed to have toffee sauce poured over them. We already had homemade caramel sauce in the fridge, so we m'waved that and put it over them. They were delicious and good & sticky then!!!

I have a sick LF Cochin. Robert Downey, Jr., our largest white Cochin pullet, has been fluffed out and off to herself and generally acting sick. DD was concerned and I already had the banty chicks in the brooder on Corid, so I had her put her in the brooder for today. Tomorrow morning, when we put the white Cochin chicks back in the hoop pen, we'll put corid in their water too.

Things are going well with my school work.
I got my philosophy grade, it's a 89.1% B+. =(
Oh, well.

That's about it.

Back
Top Bottom