teaching a boy to use the potty

Quote:
And all the people at General Mills Cereal Company are looking to the heavens and questioning their life's work.

Hey, if it sells more Cheerios . . .
idunno.gif

Quote:
You know those plastic rings that stack for when they are infants? I put one of those in toilet for him to aim at. When it came time for #2, I told him he was too big for silly games like that anymore. He bought it.

"Potty Training" we sat on the potty with a pee shield. And we say 'tuck it in" so they know to make sure it's in there. I have 2 boys! But when you get the potty chair, make sure it's not one of those that leak. I had one that when my boy would pee, it had a seam that the pee went right through and to the floor. I was a pretty pricy one too. It was one that was like a thrown for a king and whenyou peed it would play music.

And when it's summer we ALWAYS pee on trees. They actually would make it a point to pee on trees. Then you need to make sure that they stay back far enough. It tends to splash back if you're too close.

My mother not only taught my brother... but did home day care with up to 15 kids at a time. She HATES diapers... so any kid over 18 months was taught pretty quick!

She had my grandfather make a stool for my brother. It was just a simple 1x8 or so for the top, about a foot or maybe 15 inches long with 2 trapazoid cut ends and a cross beam. VERY sturdy... still uses it to reach the kitchen cupboards (she is 4'5" tall!).

My brother would stand on the stool and shoot cheerios (just as someone else suggested)... he got M&Ms for doing it "in the potty". She must have trained a good dozen or more boys all the same way that I can think of. All were potty trained completely in just a few months. So were the girls. I think the M&Ms really help. A book while doing #2 is good too. Just gotta keep them there long enough to actually go... and then get M&Ms!!!

My sone does both. If he goes 1 and 2 he sits down, but if he only tinkles he stands up.
We had a hard time training him , he was almost six(he is a bit special needs). One day he wanted his diaper changed, but i was too freaking busy and dog tired at the same time. I told him :You know what, change it youself or use the bathroom. He used the bathroom.

okay, okay I must confess!!!! if I wake up at night, which the older I get is more often than I would like!!! I make it a habit to sit down. otherwise I don't want to deal with the consequences!!!
fl.gif

i taught my boys sitting down ,then had them turn around sitting to face the back of the toilet so they got used to peeing in that direction, then everntually got them standing up. my 5 yr old still pees near the toilet more than in it but at least he is trying
lol.png

OMG... yup, I can totally see that happening... no aim and that little space between the toilet rim and the seat... yup yup...

With my brother, cousins, nephews, and mine our family always does the standing thing... even if it means peeing on a tree in your fenced/private back yard to get the ball rolling... cheerios/fruit loops are handy too.... "You sank my battleship"... oy I remember my lil' brother being so thrilled with himself over that one...

Really, boys peeing is dad's job... and it doesn't take all that much instruction... but dad really does need to take the time... just next time it's time take your little buddy in there... just SEEING what it is that you're poda do with that thing... from someone who has one... all the difference.

Best of luck!!

Back
Top Bottom