Teaching duck to fly

DucklingLover232

Chirping
Mar 27, 2020
Hey everyone I’ve got a ten week old female Cayuga duck. Now I understand cayugas don’t typically fly but, I heard it’s not super uncommon when they do. We have a big enough pond for her to land in but when I “toss” her in she doesn’t even flap her wings. (it’s actually kinda funny:rolleyes::gig)
I was wondering if there are any other options.
And I want her to have the freedom to fly.
Now I’m doing this because I know she won’t fly away, she has 3 other chicks that she DOES NOT leave, even for one second. And she’s got food, shelter, and a pond all suitable for her to live in happily.
So any ideas?

Hey everyone I’ve got a ten week old female Cayuga duck. Now I understand cayugas don’t typically fly but, I heard it’s not super uncommon when they do. We have a big enough pond for her to land in but when I “toss” her in she doesn’t even flap her wings. (it’s actually kinda funny:rolleyes::gig)
I was wondering if there are any other options.
And I want her to have the freedom to fly.
Now I’m doing this because I know she won’t fly away, she has 3 other chicks that she DOES NOT leave, even for one second. And she’s got food, shelter, and a pond all suitable for her to live in happily.
So any ideas?
This brought about a really humorous mental image for me: Guy heaves his duck into the water, it doesn't flap, but hits the water like a cannon ball.
So then, because of my sense of humor, other mental images followed:
Guy rigs up a catapult and shoots duck into pond.
Guy rigs up a zip line with a manual release over pond and uses that.
There's the old "Zippo the Human Cannon Ball - watch him being shot into a net"
Guy hires a sky-diver airplane to fly over the pond and drop duck out of airplane over target pond...
I imagine, really, that if the duck wants to fly...the duck WILL fly, so yeah. But...anyone else have any humorous ideas like the ones I came up with? :celebrate

Hahaha:lau
Also it doesn’t hurt her if anyone is wondering. she flaps sometime:lol:
Also I’m a 13 year old girl not a “guy” hahaha
(Btw I’m not offended by you assuming my gender🤪🤣)
This brought about a really humorous mental image for me: Guy heaves his duck into the water, it doesn't flap, but hits the water like a cannon ball.
So then, because of my sense of humor, other mental images followed:
Guy rigs up a catapult and shoots duck into pond.
Guy rigs up a zip line with a manual release over pond and uses that.
There's the old "Zippo the Human Cannon Ball - watch him being shot into a net"
Guy hires a sky-diver airplane to fly over the pond and drop duck out of airplane over target pond...
I imagine, really, that if the duck wants to fly...the duck WILL fly, so yeah. But...anyone else have any humorous ideas like the ones I came up with? :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom