Tell a scary story!

The ghost of Alice Riley

The Ghost of Alice Riley (guest submitted ghost story by Debbie)

I lived near Savannah, Georgia for about 4 years and I heard a very interesting story several times while taking one of the local ghost tours ( which by the way is a must do if you go to Savannah). It seems that in the very early days of Savannah there came a young girl from Ireland. Alice Riley boarded a ship as a bond servant to escape the famine in her own country. She was probably about 15 years old at the time and she knew that once she arrived in Savannah she would be sold into servitude for several years to pay for her passage. Alice never expected to be bought by a man so cruel and heartless. He was a local plantation owner and even the people of the town disliked him.

Alice had thought she would serve as a maid or field hand. Her new owner had other ideas. Alice was a pretty girl and he decided to use her for his pleasure. She had no right to refuse him, no more right that one of the African slaves. He abused her badly raping and beating her almost daily. Alice was befriended by the butler on the plantation and they fell in love. One night when the abuse was too much to bear Alice's screams were heard by her lover. He ran to her rescue and together they killed the man.

They were arrested and sentenced to hang in Wright Square. Alice, however, was found to be carrying a baby. The good people of Savannah would never dream of hanging a pregnant woman. They hanged her lover immediately. Alice languished in the jail until her baby was born and about 2 hours after giving birth, she too was hanged.

Alice has been seen many, many times in Wright Square. She is as always looking for her baby. She asks everyone to help her find her baby. Very often tourists have called the Savannah police and reported a woman looking for her child in Wright Square. The officers that have been around a while know it is Alice. Rookies get sent out to look for her as a joke. They never find anything of course. Even though when seen she is dressed in old fashioned clothing from her day no one thinks anything of it because lots of tour guides in Savannah dress in costume so she does not look out of place.

Reportedly Alice Riley has appeared to more people than any other ghost in the country. Perhaps if you go to Wright Square in the early evening hoursyou just might catch a glimpse of her. She may ask you to help her find her baby. lol haha it wount show up on my lap top ha have a fun time trying to see the font

Last edited:
Once I was using an automatic paper towels dispenser at the washroom in Petsmart and as I had walked to the door some 4 feet away and was drying my hands there, and suddenly this thing turns on and dispenses another paper towel randomly with no one there.

so I did what anyone smart would do, and got the heck out of there because I don't really want to be that one person at the beginning of an episode of Supernatural.

Once I was using an automatic paper towels dispenser at the washroom in Petsmart and as I had walked to the door some 4 feet away and was drying my hands there, and suddenly this thing turns on and dispenses another paper towel randomly with no one there.

so I did what anyone smart would do, and got the heck out of there because I don't really want to be that one person at the beginning of an episode of Supernatural.

Haha, I would start playing with the dispenser. Lol

th
lol

Ok you don't know scary till you see your upside-down reflection in a spoon with a hand coming at you and it is NOT upside-down. I was in the living room and I was have a nice bowl of roman noodles, I took the spoon and started liking it, I took it out of my mouth and looked at my reflection. It was upside-down and as I was about to put the stupid spoon back in the bowl when I see a hand that wasn't upside-down coming right at me!! I put the spoon in my mouth and ran out of the living room I was freaking scared!!

Ok you don't know scary till you see your upside-down reflection in a spoon with a hand coming at you and it is NOT upside-down. I was in the living room and I was have a nice bowl of roman noodles, I took the spoon and started liking it, I took it out of my mouth and looked at my reflection. It was upside-down and as I was about to put the stupid spoon back in the bowl when I see a hand that wasn't upside-down coming right at me!! I put the spoon in my mouth and ran out of the living room I was freaking scared!!
Sounds like the beginning of a Supernatural episode xD

Back
Top Bottom