1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tell Me About Orust

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MadamPoofyBrow, Mar 23, 2016.

1. MadamPoofyBrow

MadamPoofyBrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2015
    I'm obsessed with anything rare and exotic. Orust are both, and they are now at the top of my need list. I've been researching, and the only place I can find any is Greenfire. I can't spend any $99 for a straight run chick. Especially since I'd have to get enough to guarantee at least a pair.
    Is there anywhere else that sells these a bit (okay, a lot) cheaper. I want eggs, chicks, adult birds, I really don't care. Are there any breeders on BYC? Do you know of anywhere else that sells these guys?

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

@Eps32 got hatching eggs off Ebay not too long ago. My recommendation would be to check rarebreedauctions.com for either day olds or hatching eggs; you could get Orusts for a steal there. I agree, the breed is a stunner! [​IMG]

~Alex

3. Ron Skekel

Ron Skekel Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    I have Orust . I may start my own thread. I have hatching eggs and chicks.

4. MadamPoofyBrow

MadamPoofyBrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2015

Awesome! How much do you charge? Can you ship?

5. Ron Skekel

Ron Skekel Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    Cost depends on age. Yes I ship and an NPIP.Pam

6. chickenchick78

chickenchick78 New Egg

Sep 30, 2016

7. cressrb

cressrb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Orust is the new breed I added to my flock this year. I have three, only 12 wks old. I am not sure if there is a cockeral in the bunch or not.
    But so far I really love what I am seeing. I am located in Utah and may be breeding them next Spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by