Tell me all about incubating

Only some of them recieved names. Because we couldnt keep them all. My fiancee got mad at me for naming them...BUT HE was the first to name one! The two big jerk roos we had were named Kyle (he named him) and Dave (named after an ex of mine) the other 6 were unnamed. The female of the bunch was named Starlight, Starbrite
Lol! I always name them too. Some of them just have personalities or patterns that stand out so much they have to be named. The female's name is pretty. Perfect for a BR.

I also think their personalities respond to the pecking order. It's not what WE do its what they learn from the flock.
That's true too. I'll have to read about it some more. I haven't thought about it much. That definitely makes sense though.

Aw, he's a pretty boy. I love his name too, it's funny. Does he ever kinda scuffle with his wing down on the ground and dance in a half circle? I'm sure there's a name for it, but I can't think of it atm. Anyway, I used to have a roo that did that to me. He never got any more aggressive than that though. Roos are tough to raise, I always think the girls are boys and the boys are girls. Then I cuddle the boys too much and they turn out mean. I'm waiting to see how my first batch of broody raised cockerels will be. They're extremely skittish right now. My buff brahma bantam roo is perfect around me and the ladies, but he was raised in a bachelor roo flock at my friend's farm. He fertilizes the eggs just fine somehow.
How did you raise him? Were you more hands-off or did you cuddle them more? I'm trying to find a good way to raise somewhat tame nice boys.
Every morning my rooster does that dance, then pecks your boots.

Back
Top Bottom