Tell me ALL about your d'Uccles!

sloallie10

Songster
11 Years
Nov 8, 2008
CA
Soooo, i have been researchin all about d'Uccles and i want to hear about them!! I really like there looks and there sweet personality. A few questions:

Egg:
Size?
Color?
How often?
Pic?

Color: (mille fluer)
How has a hatchery quailty bird turned out?
How big are they?

Personality:
Nice?
Gets along wwith other chickens?
Cuddles?

Any one have pictures? I would love to her all about them and your experiences and storys! They're such neat birds!

This would really help me out!
sad.png

I got a pair from MM and they are a pretty good representative looks wise of the breen compared to some of the other breeds I got.

The hen lays a small egg a few times a week and I wouldn't say she sticks out as a friendly chicken but she is not skittish either. The rooster I have is low on the totem poll and thinks his way to the top is to spur me when I am not looking at him. Doesn't hurt though, he's tiny.

I did not buy my MF from a hatchery, but instead ordered eggs from another BYC'er and hatched my own.

This is CoCo (photos). He is the only chick to hatch from my first attempt to hatch some. I have since hatched others, as Coco needed some coop-mates.

Coco is a very sweet little bird, and presenty lives with 4 Mottled cochins and a dozen EE chicks. They all get along great. Coco will be 2 months old this coming weekend. As you can see, it's very apparent he's a little roo! Besides his very red comb, he has started crowing!

Coco is very laid back, loves the children, and is not skiddish. Though not aggressive at all, he does stand his ground with the cochin cockerels. They don't give him too much hassle. My other d'Uccles are only a week old, so can't give you any info on egg laying, etc.

26140_mille-fleur-duccle-1week.jpg
26140_coco2wk.jpg
26140_coco-2mo.jpg

Love love love my Mille fleur d'Uccles! They are my favorites of all my chickens, both for looks and personality. They are always talking to me, don't run away from me and never mind being held. I ordered more from Ideal ...blue milles, porcelain and self blue, but most of them ended up boys and the ones I lost from a rough shipment were probably the pullets. I do have Porcelain and a Golden neck (from TSC) in the brooder that I am hoping will be girls.

These are my two pullets from Ideal, now 9 months old.

Maisie
10683_pic_25_mar_31_2009.jpg

Mira
10683_pic_24_mar_31_2009.jpg

Small cream colored eggs
A tad bigger than OEGB eggs.
Mine laid probably twice or three times a week. Intermittent

Color: (mille fluer)
How has a hatchery quailty bird turned out?
Never bought any from a hatchery

How big are they?
Little larger and huskier than OEGB.

Personality:
Nice?
Sweet, the hens are a little talkative, my mom claims they sound like children chattering. Roo is a little stand offish but, generally friendly.

Gets along with other chickens? Never had them with other chickens. I do have two ducklings with them. They ignore the ducklings.

Cuddles?
I never cuddled with them but, they let me pet them and would follow me around the yard.

Back
Top Bottom