Tell me not to worry!!

bangor777

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
WEll, I have my beautiful 8 silkie chicks from ideal, they arrived healthy and hearty with 11 RIR baby boys as packing peanuts. I do want a rooster or two so I'm keeping 2 of them. I placed an ad in a local swap and sell guide yesterday and already got a response, someone wants all 9 baby boys. I just shouldn't worry why they want them all right? I mean, if they're going to be dinner thats life...right? I did write back to the person and asked if they had all the necessary supplies (heat, brooder, chick food). I feel like an overprotective mom already! I can't keep 11 roosters, so this is good news (I keep telling myself).

Yes!!! And many people on here eat them, they are chicken, but they have to raise them to the right size first so they will be happy for a while!
wink.png

I just gave away 30 cockerels and I really don't think the guy is going to make pets out of them.
I did ask that what ever he does do to do it humanly. He assured me that he would take very good care of them but that they were for proccessing which I alread knew because that is how I advertised them. I just think of all the feed I don't have to buy and that helps.

Back
Top Bottom