tell me some best And most nutritious feed for my chicken ??

mobi10

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2015
Guys i need your help...
I was reading some thread which imlpies that the chicken specially pullets need more calcium and protein content in their feed for egg production..
I gave these chickens mixed grain (mainly containing millet wheat lentis quoina pulses etc jawar corn barley etc ) but the young chickens could not eat those hard and big pieces, they only eat pearl millet and am giving them only pearl millet from 3 weeks to 19 weeks and as a result they are not laying eggs plus not a significiant growth ... I also gave them cooked wheat ( drown and soften in water i.e watery bread) and rice (but sometimes) i want to know what to give them so that their growth rate increases and also tell me homemade nutritional feed for chickens

Where are you located? Is chicken feed not available where you are?
I'm not surprised they didn't grow well. All those things are not only low in protein but as vegetative sources they are woefully low in the amino acids methionine, lysine and tryptophan - not to mention vitamins, minerals and fats.
It's very difficult to beat a commercially manufactured feed for cost and complete nutrition.

Yup there's no chicken feed there :( am from ethiyopia ... Plz if there any recipe to fulfill their nutrition requirements so plz tell me ??

They are not baby, they are cockerel and pullets but still cant eat big peaces if wheat and pulses they only eat millet ?? Am really worried please tell me some homemade recipe ??

Sorry but i was looking for dry i mean cereal type of feed for these chiky :(

A cereal type feed isn't going to give them the protein they need. All grains and most legumes are missing some of the essential amino acids.
When they make chicken feed, they use mostly grain and legumes and then add synthetic methionine and lysine to make up for what's missing in vegetative sources.

What if i provide them roots and leaves of plants as my chickens live in my garden in which we have grown spinach,corriander,mint and other leafy vegetable and (i hate to say) they have eaten most of my veggies :)

Back
Top Bottom