Tell me your experience with Cackle Hatchery

I have found that the cost of the birds is minimal compared to the cost of care. I used Cackle and have no complaints. Watch, some hatcheries sell crosses (Cackle has a leghorn cross that lays cream eggs, and looks just like my other 7 leghorn hens). I think it was one of the "free" birds in the hatcheries'choice of 15 chicks.

I have ordered from them for years and always had good customer relations, and the chicks were always always excellent quality and perky and active on arrival. This year I wanted a breed Cackle doesn't carry and used Welp. Don't use Welp, that's all I have to say about them.

I haven't gotten directly from cackle.... but my local Farm and Fleet store orders stock from them. I bought 2 light Brahma chicks and they are healthy and more beautiful than I thought they'd be. I'm happy with their chicks.
20200428_150550.jpg

I ordered 15 mixed large breed pullets in 2017 and 15 mixed bantam pullets in 2018 from Cackle Hatchery and had no issues. In both instances, they shipped two extras and those were pullets as well. They have been healthy and productive chickens. Cackle may be the only hatchery that offers sexed bantam pullets although there are limited breeds available.

Back
Top Bottom