dangerouschicken

Will Barter For Coffee
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Columbia Gorge, OR
LaurandMitchsurprised.jpg

Name: Laurie Chase Kruczek
Hometown: Portland, OR

Activities: Being a wife & stay at home mom, farm living, gardening, writing, reading, sewing, listening to music, raising chickens & turkeys.

Interests: Self sufficiency, reading, music, art, politics, genealogy, Japan, chickens

Favorite Music: Only good stuff.

Favorite TV Shows: Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, House, 30 Rock

Favorite Movies: Documentaries, foreign films, the one outside my front door

Favorite Books: Non-fiction, historical fiction, The Beats, classic American lit, poetry, anything on self-sufficiency.

Last edited:
I think you pretty much covered a little bit of every single person on this forum! Except for the last name part, that's pretty unique.

Wow. I may not go into as much detail as you Laurie, but here's some stuff:

Name: Ron
Birthday: Aug 7th
Hometown: Osakis, MN
Current Residence: Forest Lake, MN
Relationship Status: Married to one beautiful woman for exactly 19 years today!
Political Views: You must be kidding. As the Eagles said in "Get Over It":
I turn on the tube, and what do I see
A whole lotta people cryin’ ’don’t blame me’
They point their crooked little fingers ar everybody else
Spend all their time feelin’ sorry for themselves

Religious Views: Strongly faith-based, but not so concerned that you believe what I do.

Activities: Bodybuilding, Playing lead guitar & singing in a part-time band (rock/blues-type stuff, some dance and country), icefishing, country living, camping, being completely devoted to my granddaughter Ava.

Interests: Being healthy (as much as possible), understanding the "real" state of the environment, providing learning opportunities and protection for my grandchildren. Oh yeah - And chickens.

Favorite Music: Anything with soul and passion. I love the music of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Hendrix, to Clapton, Mayer, Hank Williams Sr. and Patsy Cline.

Favorite TV Shows: Don't watch a whole lot of TV. Maybe baseball, CSI-type shows. No reality TV. "Chicken TV" in my back yard.

Favorite Movies: A River Runs Through It. And, as a guilty pleasure, "That Thing You Do".

Favorite Books: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, The Skeptical Environmentalist by Bjorn Lomborg.

About Me: I love good food (especially chocolate), love laughing, love intelligent people who don't take themselves too seriously. Love my life, love winter, love a good cup of coffee, love good conversation. I try to make the most of my gifts. Don't even get me going on how much I love my wife and Ava.

Last edited:
Name: Laura
Birthday: Once a year at the most.
Hometown: NY
Current Residence: Easternmost MA
Relationship Status: Happily Married to a Chicken-tolerant man.
Political Views: Head in the Sand
Religious Views: Church-goin' Christian

Activities: Full-time secretary (mornings at an business aviation consulting firm, afternoons at a law office), being the prep-chef to my cooking hubby, listening to and sitting with our chickens, Hardanger needlework, origami, kayaking, splitting firewood, and exercising daily (whether I like it or not).

Favorite Music: Celtic

Favorite TV Shows: "Nanny 911" (even though I am childless by choice), "It's Me or The Dog" (even though I don't have a dog), and "What Not To Wear" (even though 90% of my clothes are from thrift stores). I like shows where the problem is happily solved at the end and people's lives are made better.

Favorite Books: Anything by Dick Frances or James Herriott.

About Me: Fun fact - I am not related to any past presidents of the United States.

Last edited:
Name: Beth
Birthday: May 28
Hometown: The Northwoods
Current Residence: Still the Northwoods
Relationship Status: Married
Political Views: Democrat
Religious Views: Hmm...

Activities: Chicken, duck, and Bloodhound wrangler! Avid reader. Gardener, some photography. Cooking. Learning how to be self sufficient. Sometimes yoga, when I'm not splitting, stacking, or throwing firewood into the basement.

Interests: Reading, music. I paint and draw. And am slightly obsessed with chickens. And Marlon Brando, but we won't go there.

Favorite Music: Rock n' Roll. Everything from the Eagles to Velvet Revolver.

Favorite TV Shows: I have 3 channels. Enough said.

Favorite Movies: Anything with humor.

Favorite Books: Anything by Oscar Wilde. I love Faulkner. The Dark Tower books by Stephen King are some of my favorites.

About Me: My mom calls me an earth mother. And I suppose on some levels I am one. A few years ago I worked in Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone. Then instead of coming home to Wisconsin my husband and I lived in Bozeman, MT for awhile, then in Cody, WY. The time spent there was some of the best in my life.

We moved back to Wisconsin and bought my parents' house. It's the house I grew up in. I'm actually the 3rd generation of my family to live in this house. We love to work on the house, and we do all the work ourselves. We're slowly transforming it into our dream house.

Well I don't know if I'm related to any presidents. I'm just glad I didn't inherit the famous family trait - a big nose.
big_smile.png

Name: Stephen (people call me steve or stevie)
Birthdate: Oct 18th
Hometown: NJ
Current residence: Newton NJ
Relationship status: Taken
Political Vies: Undecided (I only choose who does good)
smile.png

Religion : catholic

Activities: I hang out with my chickens and I love looking at trucks and sprots cars.

Fave music: Punk, Rock, Puink rock, Heavy metal, Goth, Seme emo, celtic and techno. Also some mash up songs.

Fave TV shows: Simpsons, Family guy, South park and TV shows from the 80s- early 90s which I watch online.

Fave movie: The neverending story.

Fave books: Anything by stephen King.

About me: I love to play with my chickens and take care of my pets. I do landscaping, agriculture and cook. Some day I hope to go to cooking school.

Name: Debi Raymond - bet you never would have figured that out
Birthday: October 17
Hometown: Glendale, CA
Current Residence: Apple Valley, CA
Relationship Status: Engaged to the man of my dreams
Political Views: I'm touchin that with a 10' pole
Religious Views: Christian

Activities: Cleaning up after everyone, BYC, cleaning some more
Interests: Reading, photography, chickens

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite TV Shows: Big Bang Theory and Project Runway

Old picture of my husband Steve and I. Almost 10 years ago already! Yikes!
Ashley_Stevie.jpg

Daughter Hannah...
Hannah_Grant_3-27-081.jpg

Son Matthew...
Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg

Name: Ashley Capps
Birthday: January 8th
Hometown: Born in Medina, OH but have lived in Easley, SC my whole life.
Current Residence: Easley, SC
Relationship Status: Married to Steve Capps
Political Views: Democrat

Activities: I too am a stay at home mom and wife. I do the normal kid rearing and farm chores.

Interests: Anything animal really. I'm an animal fanatic. I raise Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats and this year we got two Lamanchas. So we'll dabble in Mini-Manchas next year. I love chickens and hatching eggs. I've been involved with cat and dog rescue in the past but I'm too soft and end up keeping foster animals so I had to stop. LOL We have a retired racing greyhound named Ace, 7 cats and a few outside.

Favorite Music: I'm pretty much open to most any music. I love country, but like oldies and pop too.

Favorite TV Shows: Dexter is the only series I'm watching right now. I like American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance and I love to laugh with American's Funniest Home Videos.

Favorite Movies: Pride & Predjudice, Robin Hood Men In Tights, My Best Friend's Wedding, Princess Bride, etc.

Favorite Books: I'm a reading fanatic here lately. I love the Harry Potter series, Dean Koontz, Steven King etc.

About Me: I am simple I tend to think. I married my high school sweetheart so to speak. We have two children who look just like us. LOL Matthew we believe could be autisitc, he hasn't been tested yet for it but it has been brought up and he has been in speach, physical and occupational therapy for a year. Hannah is a 1st grader and though she is the spitting image of me at that age she is the complete opposite in personality. I was extremely shy as a kid but not so anymore. My husband enjoys working on computers and building things. He doesn't really get into the animals like me but he's a softy (don't let him know I said that) so he ends up liking the critters more than he lets on. He's helped me birth baby goats, he's dispatched an injured chick years ago who'd hatched and was dying and I couldn't kill it so he did it for me. He helps me run fence, build barns and coops and doesn't complain. He's a total sweetheart and the love of my life.

We live on a small bit of property with hopes of buying the next couple acres beside us. We need more land for all the animals! Haha Its a hopeless cause isn't it? I love farm life and we all enjoy the animals.

Back
Top Bottom