Telling the Difference B/W a Wellie and a SS

MesMama

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Iowa
Can anyone help me out with telling the difference between a Wellie and a Speckled Sussex? Man they look alike?! At least to this first timer with chicks ;) I think the Wellies are lighter? Their wing feathers even look the same yikes! Mine are only 6 days old so maybe I need more time to start seeing differences?

The speckled Sussex will start getting white feathers in I have one of each. Else has no white feathers little nugget has white feathers coming in on her chest they started at about 2 1/2 3 weeks old.

The speckled Sussex will start getting white feathers in I have one of each. Else has no white feathers little nugget has white feathers coming in on her chest they started at about 2 1/2 3 weeks old.
Oh excellent info thank you!! I *think* I can tell them apart after looking at more pics and staring at the chicks for like 2 hours LOL! I think the SS are darker??

Can anyone help me out with telling the difference between a Wellie and a Speckled Sussex? Man they look alike?! At least to this first timer with chicks ;) I think the Wellies are lighter? Their wing feathers even look the same yikes! Mine are only 6 days old so maybe I need more time to start seeing differences?

Easy peasy! Welsummers have yellow legs and SS have pink/white.

Back
Top Bottom