Temp got up 102 in bater

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LauraSBale, Apr 22, 2009.

1. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

today i had to take out the turner, put the eggs back in and put the top on.
    came back about hour or so later and the temp was up 102 [​IMG]

i dont know if the temp got bumped when i was taking the turner out,

got temp back to 99.8

are the chicks going to be ok or no [​IMG]

2. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    102 for that short period of time shouldn't be a problem, the internal temps of the eggs probably didn't even get to that by then and even if they did, you caught it early enough where they probably weren't harmed. Good Luck!

3. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh good I'm so glad to hear that [​IMG]
    Thank you

4. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    mine got up to almost 110 for a couple hours!! (i was asleep) and so far they are still doing okay! been a couple days and they are still growing and aren't stinky. yours will probably be just fine.

5. Roc&VicknTN

Roc&VicknTN Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    West Tennessee
    This is our first time hatching eggs. We placed our eggs in the bator 17 days ago. We read and followed the instructions and going by the candling we have done almost every other day shows growth with the babies. The temp though is 103/104 and we have kept the water full inside checking it every other day. My husband seems to think that the temp. is fine or we would have started smelling some bad eggs and so far each egg is fine and showing movement. We wanted to see with our first batch a baby chicks before trying to adjust the temp.

crossing fingers, eyes and toes [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by