temp in incubator went up to 110 - 120 degrees is there any hope?

autumnmfisher

Songster
7 Years
Jun 11, 2012
North East, PA
110 - 120 degrees for anywhere from 4 - 8 hours, humidity dropped to 20%. got it back up to 50% but its broke and is keeping the temp up there, going to get a new one now :(
I think I cooked em :( very very frustrated and very very sad :(

18 days, due to hatch the 15th. they were doing good. I don't think it was the incubator now... I think our 2 year old turned the temp thing....
smack.gif
can we say grounded? no didn't smack her like the neat smiley face thing, but she got an ear full.

ya, candled them last night, they were all dark before except for the air pocket. two are light at the thin end now - but one of them moved, so not sure that's a sign either way. The other is still dark throughout.

bad sign?, we decided one was not developing - from before all this - cracked it open and the yoke was not intact. chick had started but prob stopped growing a week ago. so not sure it was from the heat or being in there for a week after developing some. with all the other eggs that didn't develop we checked them and all the yokes were intact. but they had not started developing. I'm trying to only candle them once a week. trying not to take any chances.

incubator is working fine now, so I'm sure it was one of the kids :(

I guess i'll know for sure in 9-10 days.
fl.gif

ya, candled them last night, they were all dark before except for the air pocket. two are light at the thin end now - but one of them moved, so not sure that's a sign either way. The other is still dark throughout.

bad sign?, we decided one was not developing - from before all this - cracked it open and the yoke was not intact. chick had started but prob stopped growing a week ago. so not sure it was from the heat or being in there for a week after developing some. with all the other eggs that didn't develop we checked them and all the yokes were intact. but they had not started developing. I'm trying to only candle them once a week. trying not to take any chances.

incubator is working fine now, so I'm sure it was one of the kids :(

I guess i'll know for sure in 9-10 days.
fl.gif

Candle them again, at 18 days you should see plenty of movement. I would check again and remove the ones that show no movement. Personally, I just wouldn't want to leave them in there for another 10 days if they are gone. I don't know if they could go bad and blow in that amount of time or not?

Back
Top Bottom