Temp increase at night

Adz_k187

In the Brooder
Oct 14, 2020
Hey all, I have a homemade still air styrofoam incubator I’ve made for the very first time, something has made me quite curious though, why does my bator temp increase during the night? I live in the UK where it’s quite cold at the moment, I thought it would be the opposite and it would get colder during the night, but when I wake up and check the bator the temps at 103/104F rather than the usual 100/102F. I have sort of combated this problem, usually during the day I put on two blankets ontop (I need both otherwise temp is 96F) but when it comes to night I take one off. Just wondering if it’s the same for anyone else. I hope this doesn’t sound like a silly question lol, I’m still learning!

I hope someone can give you helpful suggestions.
I did use my own DIY still air incubator but it was a constant battle with temperature swings 98 to 104F. I had 8 eggs in there, they all got cooked and never hatched. So I made a new DIY incubator with a digital thermostat and fans. No more temperature swings after that.

O
I hope someone can give you helpful suggestions.
I did use my own DIY still air incubator but it was a constant battle with temperature swings 98 to 104F. I had 8 eggs in there, they all got cooked and never hatched. So I made a new DIY incubator with a digital thermostat and fans. No more temperature swings after that.
oh no well I hope my lil guys are alright :( I’ve read a lot of stories about bators teaching 104 for hours but still coming out okay, or having a somewhat reduced hatch, I’ve only got two Pekin eggs so I’m rlly praying here:fl

Depending on power transmission lines sometimes voltage will go up at night because of lower usage. I've welded in places where I had to turn the amperage down when the second shift in local factories let out. Higher voltage could cause a higher temperature with the same setting.

Depending on power transmission lines sometimes voltage will go up at night because of lower usage. I've welded in places where I had to turn the amperage down when the second shift in local factories let out. Higher voltage could cause a higher temperature with the same setting.
Woah I’ve never thought of that possibility, thank you that makes a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom