Temp problem during lockdown...please help!!!

bbethea104

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Wetumpka, AL
I have no clue what is going on....we have both a digital and a mercury thermometer. Both were matching up before lockdown. We placed the eggs in lockdown last night and since we put the lid back on the incubator, the thermometers are no longer matching. Digital is reading 99.5 but the mercury thermometer (which came with the incubator, is reading 94) I do not have the mercury sitting on top of the eggs, since they have came off the egg turner. Could this be the problem? I really don't want it to hurt my hatch. Please help!!!

Hummmm, nobody else has had this happen??? Im starting to assume that its due to the mercury was on the eggs before lockdown and isn't anymore, since one of our eggs has started wobbling. Seems like the temps are fine where they have been so Im not going to mess with it. Guess only time will tell
fl.gif

Were they in a turner and then you put them on the bottom? Is it a still air incubator?
Yes...they were on a turner, the mercury thermo was on top of the eggs and both thermostats were reading the same. After taking them out of the turner, the mercury started reading completely different but its not on top of the eggs anymore. No, its not a still air incubator...it has a fan inside of it.

The mercury also seems as if it is stuck...during the heat of the day today, my house warmed up and the digital temp was reading 100.3 but the mercury was still on 94 as if it didn't even move.

Well, if they're in lockdown, it's totally alright if the temp changes a bit. At this stage, the fetuses can regulate and produce heat. So, if the temperature is a couple degrees off, you're good. Let me know how the hatch rate is. Good luck.

Well, if they're in lockdown, it's totally alright if the temp changes a bit. At this stage, the fetuses can regulate and produce heat. So, if the temperature is a couple degrees off, you're good. Let me know how the hatch rate is. Good luck.
Awesome!!! Thank you soooooo much!!! I couldn't sleep last night because of this but it sure did make me feel better when one of the eggs moved today..totally crossing my fingers LOL
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom