Temp question

zoey87

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 15, 2014
Ohio
ok so I have the little giant still air incubator with an egg turner in it. The eggs directly under the heater at 99.5 and the ones on the outside are only 97.0 do I turn the heat up so the outlying eggs get more heat? Or do I leave the heat at 99.5 and rotate eggs from the middle to the outside? So confused on how to handle this situation. I have a reliable thermometer taking the temps too.

That was the same issue that I had. What I did was turn it up 1 degree (if mine got up to 101.5 I did not really worry but if it started to creep up higher than that I would turn it down). Then rotate the eggs everyday. I was able to get pretty good results with that method. It was not ideal but got a 60% ish hatch rate. Good luck

ok so I have the little giant still air incubator with an egg turner in it. The eggs directly under the heater at 99.5 and the ones on the outside are only 97.0 do I turn the heat up so the outlying eggs get more heat? Or do I leave the heat at 99.5 and rotate eggs from the middle to the outside? So confused on how to handle this situation. I have a reliable thermometer taking the temps too.

That was the same issue that I had. What I did was turn it up 1 degree (if mine got up to 101.5 I did not really worry but if it started to creep up higher than that I would turn it down). Then rotate the eggs everyday. I was able to get pretty good results with that method. It was not ideal but got a 60% ish hatch rate. Good luck

Mine as well. The last two hatches I hand turned instead of using my turner and tried to keep the eggs under the heating elements. I monitor my growth through candling and would rotate them around based on speed of growth. I also ran more around the 100F mark than the 99.5F In all honesty I am happy if I am above 99 and below 102. My last 3 hatches were 86% (If I remember right, I know it was 80 something lol) 92% and 100%

If you are using the the turner then yes, I would definitely rotate the eggs.

Thanks everyone, we've had a issue regulating temps so hopefully something hatches!!

Back
Top Bottom