Temp spike 101.6

Thats really sad. Idk why that would have killed them. Everytime you unplug and replug in an incubator it changes. That's just how they are. One year they're great and the next year they're not. I would give them at least 4 more days.
I will check them again in two more days and see. I threw 5 eggs away when they arrived damaged, then 5 eggs were duds and never developed, maybe it was not good to begin with idk

I will check them again in two more days and see. I threw 5 eggs away when they arrived damaged, then 5 eggs were duds and never developed, maybe it was not good to begin with idk
Were they shipped eggs? What breed?

Duck eggs don't ship well at all. Can you look around on Facebook or Craigslist or a Hatchery and see if you can get some duck eggs locally?
You shouldn't have to monitor the incubator constantly. Just put it in a temperature controlled room and calibrate at least 2 thermometers to make sure everything is good.
I am in the middle of a hatch and we had to turn on our air conditioner yesterday. It's really messing with my temps in my incubators. When this hatch is done I have to calibrate everything again with the new room temps changed. :(

Duck eggs don't ship well at all. Can you look around on Facebook or Craigslist or a Hatchery and see if you can get some duck eggs locally?
You shouldn't have to monitor the incubator constantly. Just put it in a temperature controlled room and calibrate at least 2 thermometers to make sure everything is good.
I am in the middle of a hatch and we had to turn on our air conditioner yesterday. It's really messing with my temps in my incubators. When this hatch is done I have to calibrate everything again with the new room temps changed. :(
Unfortunately not many around me have pure bred ducks or any ducks at all. I just ordered more eggs. I’m going to move the incubator to my den next to my bedroom the temp stays more consistent and I can see it multiple times a day to remember checking.

Has anyone had a thermometer go bad? The one that came in my Brinsea I swear isn’t working anymore. I put it under my arm and I get a reading of 91°
now I have three different digital thermometers in the incubator trying to get it all figured out. What’s the best thermometer everyone uses?

Back
Top Bottom