Temp spiked to 103 on day 1 of incubation...

Dylon

Songster
7 Years
Jan 5, 2013
Brewton, AL
I don't know how long it was like that. Is it too late? Should I throw them out? I don't really have any thing left to lose by leaving them in. Think they are still viable?

i had a spike of 105 degrees for about a hour on my last hatch , thermostat malfuntion. most of the eggs hatched, all but 3 out of twenty. i think temp spikes effect them more closer to hatch. plus there is a difference in external temp and internal egg temps, when you get spikes.

I had a temp spike to 110 for who knows how long on day 5 when I was incubating 5 silkie eggs, I spent the whole night telling myself what a bonehead I was for not paying attention and worrying because I thought they would die, >.< but they all hatched! So, I agree with the others. Leave them in and candle on day 7. Good luck :)

My chicks are just hatching now (day 21) and there was a temp spike around day 7. 114 degrees haha. for a couple hours. so 103 is nothing.

thanks these posts give me hope have 23 eggs (13 of which were shipped) and came home after be gone for a while to find the bator at 115 ish! have them cooling down.... yes I have a two year old daughter that loves to check the eggs am guessing she messed with the controls. UGH! feeling as if I shouldn't be hatching eggs :(

thanks these posts give me hope have 23 eggs (13 of which were shipped) and came home after be gone for a while to find the bator at 115 ish! have them cooling down.... yes I have a two year old daughter that loves to check the eggs am guessing she messed with the controls. UGH! feeling as if I shouldn't be hatching eggs :(

In the end. I think all of them hatched.

When my temp jumps up as high as yours I like to take the lid off and let them cool down, and put the lid back with the temp re adjusted.

I hate when that happens.

While I was gone from the house one day, someone set a book on the incubator, and made it jump up to 110 degrees... The worst part to me is not that the temp spiked, but how long it was it that hot in there. When I got home and saw the book sitting on top of it I asked "when did this book get set here?" ... Naturally, I got the old "I don't know.. what's the big deal??". Lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom