Temperature & adjustments

fshinggrl

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
the edge of insanity
I just read a post that said do not change it, even if the temp fluctuates (I think that is how I translated it). I've had my incubator (brower top hatch) running now for 2 days without eggs. It's been sitting at about 99-100 degrees. This morning, I got up and it read 102~! I adjusted the temp down. When I have eggs, should I be just leaving it alone or watching & adjusting?

Sorry, newbie questions... I want this to happen (hatch). I am going to be such a nervous nellie!

Quote:
I am borrowing a brower top hatch. I just looked again and it is still high.
sad.png
Eggs come tomorrow.

Where is your incubator at? You want it in the most temperature stable area possible preferably an interior room with no windows. Also you can get "blankets" for top hatchs that wrap around the bowl part and seem to keep it more stable. Maybe a toel and clothespins would work in a pinch?
wink.png

Aprille

You should stay between the range of 97F and 102F, Don't adjust unless it gets

below or above that. When you have eggs, somtimes you have to adjust.

Be sure your incubator is out of direct sunlight. Away from windows, doors & AC

vents, all these things will affect temps. It's recommended to put the

incubator in a room that stays between 65-75 F.

wink.png

ScissorChick

Last edited:
Yes, it is on my kitchen counter. The living room would have noon sun & possibly meddling hands (toddlers/kindergarteners). The downstairs runs about 60 degrees. It has not been fluctuating that much since I started it on Sunday. Thanks for the help & tips!

Back
Top Bottom