Temperature Fluctuations - How Much is Too Much?

Silverwulfess

Songster
Jan 3, 2022
New Zealand
My incubator seems to fluctuate a little. It can go between 37.3 degrees at the lowest during the night up to 38 degrees celsius during the daytime (99.14 - 100.4 degrees fahrenheit). These are the extreme temperatures. I guess it's reacting to the ambient temp within the room. Is this an acceptable range?

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 3.43.31 PM.jpg

As long as you have a consistent average temperature of 37.4 - 37.6 you will be fine.

Incubator Temps always fluctuate about half a degree.

The egg takes awhile to heat up and cool down so small fluctuations in incubator Temps shouldn't hurt at all..... its when it gets hot or cold for a decent period of time that when you should start seeing drops in hatch rates etc

Hope that makes sense

As long as you have a consistent average temperature of 37.4 - 37.6 you will be fine.

Incubator Temps always fluctuate about half a degree.

The egg takes awhile to heat up and cool down so small fluctuations in incubator Temps shouldn't hurt at all..... its when it gets hot or cold for a decent period of time that when you should start seeing drops in hatch rates etc

Hope that makes sense
Thanks for that. I'd say for the most part (or it could just be because I check it more often during the day lol) it stays about 37.5-8 degrees. It definitely hasn't gone outside the range I have posted, unless I have opened it (that's the little dip at the start).

Thanks for that. I'd say for the most part (or it could just be because I check it more often during the day lol) it stays about 37.5-8 degrees. It definitely hasn't gone outside the range I have posted, unless I have opened it (that's the little dip at the start).
Sounds like it should be fine then :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom