temperature for incubating duck eggs

wanttobefarmer

Songster
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Elgin, TX
Hello I'm a first time duck egg hatcher. I have hatched out several chicks but this is my first time hatching duck eggs. I increased my humidity and plan on spritzing them once a day after they have been in the bator for 4 days, but my question is temperature. I have a hova bator that is automatically set at 100 degrees. There is a way to adjust the temp but I don't want to mess it up by trying. Has anyone hatched duck eggs at 100 instead of 99.5? Did you take it down to 98.5 the last 4 days? I'm hoping that I won't have to adjust the temps but since they went in today, if I need to do it I had better do it now. Thanks for the information.

I hatch mine side by side with my chicken eggs with no problems.... I don't spray mine though and hold them at the same humidity as my chicken eggs - no higher than 50% with mine.

I have hatched mine same as chicken eggs in fact last hatch the ducks and chicks hatched at the same time the ducks were a little early and the chicks a little late. DH is so proud cause he did the hatching this time and did very well we got 5 chicks out of 7 eggs and all 4 ducks.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
ok mine is a hova bator with egg turner and fan. If i have a fan is that forced air? should I turn my fan off? thanks for all the responses.

Quote:
ok mine is a hova bator with egg turner and fan. If i have a fan is that forced air? should I turn my fan off? thanks for all the responses.

If you can't get it down to 99.5 I would turn off the fan

Back
Top Bottom