temperature instructions--take with grain of salt?

Hi desertgirl !

Good Saying!

When I was in the ICU at the Heart Hospital in Albuquerque 3 years ago, apparently the nurses there did use this fine philosophy!

I caught some of the Doctors "lying" to me! Ha-Ha!

Watch out for a "population explosion" in Albuquerque. It was listed as one of the top ten places to live in the USA. (personally, I think it's already "too crowded"!)

ha-ha:)
-Junkmanme-

I agree, go by the chick and not the temp. I had a batch of cochins that acted "cold" unless the temp was up between 95-100. I had to keep high temps for them for a couple weeks. they have now been transitioned to the "normal" temps and are out in the coop with nothing.

My last batch, my thermometer kept malfunctioning. I went by their behavior and they were probably kept around 80-85 degrees from day 1? Maybe warmer directly under the light for a chick or two. They did fine and did not act cold. They now stay outside with a 100 watt bulb suspended about 3 feet above them...nights in the 60's? They are about 3 weeks old now. their brooder (because of heat wave) is probably around 90 degreees daytime and 70 at night. They are happy as a clam.

Quote:
Unfortunately, that's all too common with doctors...
roll.png

Yes-I heard about the Top 10 list. Hopefully most people who think of moving here will not follow through with it, 'cuz they think you need a passport to get here and that none of us speak english!
wink.png

I would bet it seems crowded to a Gallup-ite!
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom