Temperature of eggs about to hatch under broody

Not so much. The little one died this morning. Managed to make it all the way through the night and when I went to the coop this morning it was all covered in bedding and gasping its last breath, poor little thing. Mother had obviously written the chick off as not good. 1 good little oe out of 15 total eggs. The dead chick this morning, 2 dead in their shells and the rest never developed at all. HUGE BUMMER
hit.gif
I was so hopeful.

Not so much. The little one died this morning. Managed to make it all the way through the night and when I went to the coop this morning it was all covered in bedding and gasping its last breath, poor little thing. Mother had obviously written the chick off as not good. 1 good little oe out of 15 total eggs. The dead chick this morning, 2 dead in their shells and the rest never developed at all. HUGE BUMMER
hit.gif
I was so hopeful.

So sorry
hugs.gif
Glad you and your broody have the one little trooper to enjoy! I have had a hard time with shipped eggs, especially in the heat of summer. I try to get my eggs locally so I can pick them up or try to keep shipped eggs to in-state only. Post a pic of momma and baby if you get a chance
big_smile.png

Here is little 'Puffin'. I have no idea why the name!!
Notice the fuzzy leg warmers. And here is biological mother, missing a few neck feathers to a feisty Welsummer. I did not snap a pic of adopted mom.

Back
Top Bottom