Tempminder digital thermometer/hygrometer !??? help please

Quote:
It looks like it's staying in a good range but it does seem like you would get a reverse reading order....100.1, 99.8, 99.5, 99.3 when the thermostat turns the heating element off and starts cooling down.
idunno.gif

Ed

Last edited:
Quote:
I got to thinking about this... Does this take a period of several minutes to go through the sequence or does it go through the sequence quickly several times a minute?

Ed

its not over a period of seven minutes but it does it in about a minute to 2 minutes , and now its changed if the numbers are changing in the points like 99.2 99.5 99.6 will that hurt my egss?

I dont know i need to get this temp stable befor i set these eggs , when i put it on the IN setting the temp is stable but when its on OUT with the probe it fluctuates
between 98 and 99F
what should i do ??? please help
barnie.gif

The in setting is the temp of the base unit itself. The out is the temp at the end of the probe in the bator. I got mine at lowes for $25. Wireless temp/hygrometer. I carry it all over the house and beside the bed at night.( I know I'm crazy) As far as I have seen as long as the temp is not over 103 or under 99.5 longer than a minute or so it is ok. The temp will cycle up and down a lil bit as the heat element kicks off and on. If you have room add a jar or pan of water. it will retain heat and lessen the fluctuations.
Good luck and God Bless!

Okay, let's see-

The In reading is for inside the room. Normally the Out would be the temp outside the house, because that's where the probe would be.
The OUT reading is the always the reading from where the probe is, which happens to be in the incubator in this case.
Settle down and think it through- it's the same thing as an indoor outdoor thermometer, you just put the outdoor probe in a different environment.

The temp cycling is probably just the heating element keeping in it the acceptable range.

Is the probe on the same level as the top of the eggs? That's where you want it to be. And not right under the heating element. I like to put if halfway out from the center.

The In temp is going to stay pretty stable, since it's the room temp. The Out is your real concern, because that's the reading from inside the bator. It will not stay perfectly still- the heating element cycling, the room temp and how often you open the incubator are all going to change it. As long as you keep it between 99 and 100.5 it should be fine.

I suggest you sit back and stop fiddling with it, and let it truly stabilize for a while. Make notes of temp swings if there are any, but quit trying to micro-manage it.

Good luck and happy hatching!
jumpy.gif

I'd put the whole thing in your bator. You don't need to know what temp it is outside your bator if it is in the house and ambient temps are stable. Inside your bator you can have two readings in two different parts of tge bator as well as know your bator humidity. Be sure to calibrate your hygrometer. If you don't know how to do that, it is easy and I can explain that later (or you can look toward the bottom of my bator page for an explanation). Also, your thermometer may have a memory of high and low temps. Check those and then reset it so you know you have up to date info. I do this every morning when I turn the eggs during a hatch. Also, put in a new battery with every hatch unless they are one right after another.

Ok do you think i should put the hole thing in ? i really just want to be certin i spent almost 50$ and these eggs and dont want to loose them
sorry if i keep asking the same question i just want to make sure im doing the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom