Temporary food question

BeautyBuffs

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
I ran out to the feed store today to get food for my chickens (layer pellets) but forgot to grab a bag of crumble for the chicks. My question is until I am able to get back to the store in a couple of days will either of these types of food I have on hand work to feed the chicks? I have the layer pellets that I can put in a blender and break it down some or I also have the gamebird ration that is already in a crumble state. Will either of these work for a few days for the chicks? They are almost 7 weeks old.

I ran out to the feed store today to get food for my chickens (layer pellets) but forgot to grab a bag of crumble for the chicks. My question is until I am able to get back to the store in a couple of days will either of these types of food I have on hand work to feed the chicks? I have the layer pellets that I can put in a blender and break it down some or I also have the gamebird ration that is already in a crumble state. Will either of these work for a few days for the chicks? They are almost 7 weeks old.

As long as the game bird feed is not too high in calcium.

Back
Top Bottom