Tempreature control

debbiesjoborg

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 7, 2013
Sweden
I set My eggs at 37 degrees c when I checked the tempreature had risen to 41 degrees c .I got it back to 36.5 Quick but it keeps fluctuating between 36.5 and 38 can anyone tell me if they will survie they have only been in for 36 hours. Please !

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

It depends on how long they were at that high temperature. It takes awhile for the core temperature of the egg to rise/drop, so if they were not too hot for too long they may be fine. If they were not too hot for too long I'd suggest you wait until day 7 and candle them to check if they are viable and developing.

Your ideal incubation temperature is 37.5*C and the lower fluctuations may delay your hatch by a day or 2, so keep this in mind if the eggs survived the temp spike and are developing. Fingers crossed!

Thankyou for the advice It was about four hours at the higher temp so I will have to wait untill day 7.I'm praying I haven't killed them

im being told different things by different people. what's the majority say tho. temp 37.5' - 38' all through incubation. and humidity 30% -40% till day 18 then 70% - 80%. Do we all agree on that or does anyone have a different answer.

I was told 50-60 in a styrofoam bator and 70-80 during lockdown. 99.5 degrees with a fan and 102 without a fan. I have some in the bator right now. It's my first hatch. My humidity is staying pretty stable above 50% for the past 8 days. I keep mine at 99.5 but one night I got up to check them and it jumped up to 102. I candled them last night and they seem to be ok other than the ones that were not fertile I took out. They were moving all around in there lol
1f423.png

im being told different things by different people. what's the majority say tho. temp 37.5' - 38' all through incubation. and humidity 30% -40% till day 18 then 70% - 80%. Do we all agree on that or does anyone have a different answer.
That's right. I incubate at 37.5*C and 45-55% humidity and lockdown at 65% + I don't do the dry incubation method, but I may with my next hatch. You can play around a bit the humidity, but the temperature needs to be spot-on. Too low and you delay your hatch and too high and you may end up with handicapped chicks.

Back
Top Bottom