Temps..

thereverend

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 15, 2010
I have just set 4 eggs in a home made incubator. seen below

The temp is a little unpredictable as its around 97 to 101 depending on the temp in room.
My question is this.. Will the eggs hatch with that temp change.. I have a cover on the tank
and as you can see to the right a container with water to keep the humididy up..
the light is on top of the top and is a old GROW light i had from years back that works and keeps the temps
where i said they are. I have X and O on the eggs and just turned them the 1st time today as i started them
in here about 9am. they sat for a little while about 1/2 hour in a room 75 degrees while i cleaned them off with
warm water and prepaired the incubator.. please share your comments and thought about this. and feel free
to post pictures of your home made ones here too i would love to see them. use www.freepixxhost.com to do it!

thank you guys

Should be fine but you could hatch anywhere between day 19 and 24!! You also need to put wire over your water cup for humidity before they hatch, young chicks WILL drown themselves if they can.

Ok, I figured i would cut the cup in 1/2 before they hatched would that be a good idea?
or could they still kill themselfs in the water? i wanted to make sure they could get to it too after they
hatch to drink.

Back
Top Bottom