Tennessee Reds and Butler Chick hatching

v6steeda

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 30, 2017
I just hatched some Tennessee Reds and Butlers that I bought off of Ebay. I usually get a good 7-80% hatch rate, pretty terrible this time around. I had 14 of 27 eggs hatch. I posted a youtube video here :

For anyone with experience with Butlers, how big did they get? Any suggestions on different care from regular Northern Bobwhites?

Last edited:
I just hatched some Tennessee Reds and Butlers that I bought off of Ebay. I usually get a good 7-80% hatch rate, pretty terrible this time around. I had 14 of 27 eggs hatch. I posted a youtube video here :

For anyone with experience with Butlers, how big did they get? Any suggestions on different care from regular Northern Bobwhites?
shipping can be hard on the eggs. i usually let them sit disturbed for 24hours after getting them by mail. also the eggs might have been a little old. so that can have an effect on hatch rate for Coturnix quail 16-18days for hatching, i dont do much bob whites so i cant say much on that but i am interested in Georgia giant bobwhites.

Back
Top Bottom