Tennessee?

Hello to all ya'll newbies!!! Welcome to BYC!

I'm in Kingston over by Knoxville.

In case any of you have a couple of extra large fowl pullets you'd consider selling... I'm taking in a big ol Cochin boy who isn't welcome in his neighborhood and all I have is fuzzies! Unless he's the broodiest Roo in history he'll be lonely or crazy.

Any large fowl pullet or hen, rock, brahma, cochin, frizz, bc marans, orp, australorp, you get the idea. I just don't want him to be stuck with a host of fuzzies and go crazy. Heck, my host of fuzzies might make silky hens happy.

I don't want him to feel isolated.

Partridge rocks, and eggs due to hatch late in the month - barred rocks, araucana, and blue orp, and turkeys(omg I hope). And add our new cochin buddy on Nov 15th.
smile.png
And eight dogs and two parrots. LOL

Chere

I can part with one Black Australorp and one Buff Orpington... 3.5 mo old on the Australorp and 2 mos or so (would have to look it up) on the Buff...

I may have another GLW here still... I'll go check if your interested

(YES I KNOW IM CHICKEN CRAZY AND I'VE MANAGED TO LOSE TRACK OF HOW MANY I HAVE)
lau.gif

Quote:
Hi!
A friend is also looking for hens and not having any luck at the moment. Even checked on Craigs List. She's going to check out the Poultry Show in Cocke County Nov 8th.

If you find any befor then, and there are more than you need, let me know!

Those would be great, I am interested. I just can't imagine him being any too happy with a knee high flock.
smile.png
Poor fella. He'll end up with a complex.

My daughter is bringing him up on the 15th of next month, she lives right near his current person and is coming for a visit anyway. So she's his chicken train to Kingston. LOL

Thanks a lot for the offer. So many people had trouble getting pullets this year. My entire first order of partridge rocks were male. Sigh.

The next order comes today or tomorrow. I'm praying for some girls. Any at all.
fl.gif

And I'm hatching...my first try ever. Which is nerve wracking and wonderful all at once.

There isn't a smiley for how crazy hatching can make you, is there?

How about ?

cool.png
barnie.gif
he.gif
gig.gif
ep.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:aww
jumpy.gif

8.5 week old Buff Female
13.5 week old Australorp Female
that's all the girls I could possibly part with.

I still have 4 Buff Roos too as well if you know of anyone, they are good dinner quality
wink.png

and for the record, I now have 22 pullets and 10 roosters
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We'v gotchickens Hi neighbor.

.I still havent found the De..
did get Permectrin dust it came in 2# can.
but it cant be put in the feed.
so everyone and everything
got dusted instead.
I am looking for welded wire 1x4
had to settle for 2x4 going to
tear down the old fence run.
it may be to much space for the little ones to squeak through. may have to return it..
and start looking again.
sissy

Quote:
I'd use 1/2" x 1". 2 x 4 will be fine to keep the adults in, but it won't keep chicks in and it won't keep weasels out. Also, other predators like raccoons can reach in and grab the birds through such large wire.

Back
Top Bottom