Tennessee?

It appears I need to learn east from west lol
We want to be north/west of Nashville
This is the meet in the middle plan for my best friend and I
Her hubby is a cop mine is a carptener they would need work
Also I am straight up afraid of heights so mountains would be a big NO
The plan is to move in a year

Quote:
Jackson would be great for you. They are a bigger city and they always have work. The only thing about there is Tornados. They seem to have alot of them all the way to Nebern. The country is good too. The weather normally goes north east around here. Occasionally it goes south east.

lol! I don't know much about that part of tn, unfortunately. I would just find a suburb of Nashville that you like. TN for the most part is a farm state so you should be able to find a lot of areas you like.
smile.png

amazondoc is right - - Lebanon is nice, and perfectly situated. Mount Juliet is getting a lot of development - - too much for my taste!

Alexandria and nearby towns are nice, and that's a bit farther east of Nashville off of I-40.

And for those who want to be REALLY far out, Wayne County has the smallest population per square mile in the state. Beautiful country.

Thank you all. I really think we need to make a trip and check out everything. I just don't want to go blind and end up in a town that I hate.
One of the towns she wants to look at is Paris? Anyone know anything about that area. We want an area that is easy travel north to michigan and indiana to see family

I cannot praise the internet too highly for helping us find the place we have in TN from CA.

We spent hours looking at places on the net, then contacted a real estate agent in between the majority of the properties.

Then we flew out for a week, rented a car and looked at every property we had found and every one she suggested.

There's no substitute for driving the areas and the communities and actually SEEING and a good real estate agent is worth their weight in gold.

From three angles a property can look perfect on the net, then you drive out to find it's main view is an auto salvage or in one direction the neighbor with poor livestock habits is six feet off the shared property line.

An agent who's seen them can warn you from bothering, or show you any way so you learn... LOL.

We have a perfect, nine acre property in a hollow with now visible neighbors and a drive to it up a forested road that makes my heart sing. And it's 20-30 minutes from shopping, downtown Knoxville 30-35 minutes, and major advanced medical hospitals (I'm disabled it's important.)

We have it because we did a LOT of internet sorting and because our agent really DID work for us.

Can be done and done well, and best of luck.

If you want something near Nashville Cheatham Co is beautiful! I live in Ashland City and it's very much country around here but only 30 min from anything you'd want in the 'big city'. Cheatham Co is pretty much the last undeveloped area right around Nashville I think and the hills and river sort of protect it from idiot bulldozer-happy developers. I love it here!

Frances

Back
Top Bottom