Tetanus in my Bantam or something else?

summer1969

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2019
Hello everyone! I just found one of my bantams with it's mouth cemented open. The tip of its tongue is dry and hard. The rest of it's tongue is yellow and swollen. its mouth is hard and dry all around. There is no way it can eat or drink. Is this tetanus? If not can someone please tell me what this is and how to help it?

Hello everyone! I just found one of my bantams with it's mouth cemented open. The tip of its tongue is dry and hard. The rest of it's tongue is yellow and swollen. its mouth is hard and dry all around. There is no way it can eat or drink. Is this tetanus? If not can someone please tell me what this is and how to help it?
@Eggcessive, you have helped me before, and if you know anybody else that might can help, tag them, please.
@summer1969, there are plenty of members who are able to help, best of luck!
(Cochin)

Sorry about your bantam chicken. Is it alert and do you know if it has been injured in some way? Do you see any puncture wounds which could be a source of tetanus or lockjaw? I would try to moisten the tongue with a wet washcloth or paper towel.

Back
Top Bottom