Texas - buying local feed for Broilers?

@U_Stormcrow, what do you think of the H&H layer feed?
I would not use it.

Targets for Lys and Met are 0.7 and 0.3, respectively (NRCS) and a trifle higher from other, more recent sources, for production layers. Once again, H&H has just 0.2% Met, which is the number one most critical limiting amino acid.

Essentially EVERY protein begins with Met at synthesis. Now many later strip the Met off. But in laymans terms, if you don't have Met, you can't synthesize proteins. That's why its so important, not enough Met, and the rest of the amino acids in the feed are simply wasted nitrogen, awaiting excretion.

Hi BYC Community.

I am planning on running a handful of Cornish Cross in a tractor as a pilot test run.

I live in Texas, north of the Houston Metroplex, north of The Woodlands.

I am seeking recommendations on feed for these birds. I am an absolute beginner armed only with the knowledge I can find on You Tube, books and this website with zero hands on experience.

Cost of feed is a factor, I see no need to over pay for feed. My wife would prefer all the things.. organic, non-gmo, etc - however for this first run, I'm willing to feed what works with at least non-gmo being preferred but not strict.

I would like to buy locally, or very close - in the hopes this might cut down on any shipping costs.

I intend to only run 10 - 12 birds for this first test trial.
Try Producers Coop in Bryan. Not organic or non-GMO but will be fresh and competitively priced. Not that far from you.

Back
Top Bottom