Texas Crazy Chicken Lady

MrsKitty

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 26, 2013
Texas
Hello all! Back in May I was unceremoniously dubbed "The One" when one of the hens popped up with 7 chicks. I hadn't really had an interest in chickens yet as they weren't mine and I don't have my own property to raise them yet, but anyways, being the resident "animal lady", I took to them pretty quickly. Since then I've dealt with disease, death, another set of chicks, critters and now 6 eggs without a mother but I have had so much fun outside of the heartbreak! Out of the original 3 hens and 1 rooster, I've only the rooster left and out of the 13 chicks I'm left with 8. No, it's not the best record, but those coons and "chicken pox" are horrible! (No worries, I've 'coon proofed since then and vaccinated)
Either way, I've been stalking this forum since the beginning and since I think I've finally gotten this chicken thing down somewhat I figured I'd voice myself a bit, so Hi Y'all!
-The Texas Crazy Chicken Lady

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

welcome-byc.gif
We've got 'crazy chicken ladies' from many states but, I think you are the first from Texas
thumbsup.gif
. Bad things happen to good chickens and their people sooner or later. I like to that afterwards it's smooth sailing.

howdy from central TX. The coon will come and go, and we have them everywhere. Best of luck with the chicks... welcome to the site.

Back
Top Bottom