Thank You BYC and All Members!!

Ravynscroft

For the Love of Duck
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Nov 30, 2014
Middle Tennessee
Hello, Everyone!
I've been working on our flocks for the last year and every time I've googled questions, BYC Members have always had answers! So I figured I'd join in on the fun and thank you all for your help!
I grew up on a farm in NW Washington state with mostly RIR, White Leghorns and Polish so had some good background for chickens.
We started with some PR hens, 1 feed store EE hen and an amazing EE mix Roo. Chicken math and an enabling fiance took over and we have added CCL's, Black, Blue, and Lavender Ameraucanas, Araucanas (LF and Bantam), Black and Blue Copper Marans, Sulmtalers, Silkies and OEGB's.
It has been lots of hard work but so worth it!
I look forward to getting to know all of you and continuing the Great Chicken Adventure!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining, and very few BYC members are immune to "chicken math." Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining, and very few BYC members are immune to "chicken math." Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you very much, Michael! I am very familiar with your name as many of your posts came up on my searches, lol. Your advice to others has been a huge help to me already and I appreciate it!
Chicken math is doubled here as my Jim loves fuzzle butts and he managed to dig up an old Leahy redwood incubator for me for Christmas, best present ever!
I look forward to actually being a part of this awesome forum and hope I can help others some day as much as you and everyone else has helped me!

Thank you very much, Michael! I am very familiar with your name as many of your posts came up on my searches, lol. Your advice to others has been a huge help to me already and I appreciate it!
Chicken math is doubled here as my Jim loves fuzzle butts and he managed to dig up an old Leahy redwood incubator for me for Christmas, best present ever!
I look forward to actually being a part of this awesome forum and hope I can help others some day as much as you and everyone else has helped me!

You're welcome. I'm glad if any advice I've given has been of help. I know that I've personally learned a lot from other BYC members. :eek:)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

So happy you joined us!

Feel free to ask questions
big_smile.png

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

So happy you joined us!

Feel free to ask questions:D

Thank you, MP! Happy to be here and feel like I already know so many here, lol!
The only current question I have right now is if anyone might be able to help me figure out what breeds my EE Roo is mixed with. The only pic I have right now is my Avatar pic, and sorry it isn't better. I'll post a better pic in the appropriate thread as soon as I get one.
Thanks again, MP, happy to hear from you!

The only current question I have right now is if anyone might be able to help me figure out what breeds my EE Roo is mixed with. The only pic I have right now is my Avatar pic, and sorry it isn't better. I'll post a better pic in the appropriate thread as soon as I get one.
If that's an EE rooster in your avatar, it's a very unusual one with that single comb and those yellow legs instead of the more typical pea comb and greenish legs. I would suggest posting some full body profile closeups in our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this, and let our experts there take a look at it. It certainly is a beautiful rooster.

If that's an EE rooster in your avatar, it's a very unusual one with that single comb and those yellow legs instead of the more typical pea comb and greenish legs. I would suggest posting some full body profile closeups in our What Breed or Gender is This? section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this, and let our experts there take a look at it. It certainly is a beautiful rooster.

Thanks, Michael, I will do that as soon as I figure out my new phones camera and uploading pics, lol. I very much agree that he is unusual, but is an EE. He hatched out of a blue egg in Nashville and his family couldn't keep a Roo, their loss was my gain! I knew he wasn't an Ameraucana as they thought, but I fell in love with his look. Fortunately his personality is even greater than that! He is the best Roo I've ever seen.
I've hatched some of his chicks by my EE hen (classic hatchery EE, in pic with him) and I'll post their pics too. One came out with even paler legs, look almost flesh-colored. His mix has me baffled, lol, but I wouldn't trade him for the world!

Thanks, Michael, I will do that as soon as I figure out my new phones camera and uploading pics, lol. I very much agree that he is unusual, but is an EE. He hatched out of a blue egg in Nashville and his family couldn't keep a Roo, their loss was my gain! I knew he wasn't an Ameraucana as they thought, but I fell in love with his look. Fortunately his personality is even greater than that! He is the best Roo I've ever seen.
I've hatched some of his chicks by my EE hen (classic hatchery EE, in pic with him) and I'll post their pics too. One came out with even paler legs, look almost flesh-colored. His mix has me baffled, lol, but I wouldn't trade him for the world!

I've raised EEs for years, and occasionally I've had one that is very unusual as well (single comb, unusual colored legs). It's a nice change from the norm. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom