Thank You BYC and it's Members-I've learned so much!!

Thomas423

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Port Deposit, MD
When I decided that I wanted to raise chickens I went to the internet and this site was one of many that came up. Although I have spent much time reading and researching, it seems that I keep coming back to this one. The forum is great. My little ones will arrive April 1st. I'm sure I will have questions and feel confident that the answers will be found here. I have learned so much already.

My AH (Awesome Hubby) and I spent a few hours looking over the many coop designs and he can't wait to get started on our chicken mansion. I can't wait to start a "my page" with pics of the coop and the little ones.

These will be my first chickens. 3 New Hampshire Reds, 3 Barred Rocks, 3 White Rocks, 3 Buff Orpingtons and 3 Speckled Sussex. Hopefully, all pullets.

We live in Maryland, have 5 (grown) kids, 3 1/2 grandchildren, 2 dogs and 2 Pygmy Brats (goats). We are going to set up the chicken ranch next to the goat pen. I think that the girls will get a kick out of watching each other.

Again, thanks for this great site. I'm so glad to be a member.

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
smile.png
frow.gif

Welcome! BYC is a great site, I really love it. The people are so wonderful, and there's definitely tons to learn here! Good luck with your chickens! And your chickens will quickly dominate the goats... lol. I used to have goats, and the chickens would jump on their back and ride them
big_smile.png

Welcome!! Your setup sounds lovely - I like the breeds you've selected to start your flock. We look forward to hearing how things go - I'll be looking for pictures of your peeps first of next month!! Glad you're here.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
. You will have soooooo much fun with your new family members! They are fun to watch. I have had mine almost a year now and I still have fun with them. It is something that I don't think I'll get tired of. Matter of fact I have added 3 little duckies to the growing family of now 51 chickens. Too many?? Yes, I need to rehome some of them if I can.
smile.png

20760_welcome.jpg

[COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom