Thank you for the help =)

I plan on taking care of him until it is time for him to find a flock to go south for the winter, this is my first experience with any kind of bird, we plan on getting chickens later on when we make a coop for eggs and fertilizing the lawn, this little guy is priority right now. I wanted to bring him to a rescue when I found the egg by the destroyed nest but everywhere is full with other orphaned animals. He seems to be doing good now. I hope he comes back next year to say hello =)

I plan on taking care of him until it is time for him to find a flock to go south for the winter, this is my first experience with any kind of bird, we plan on getting chickens later on when we make a coop for eggs and fertilizing the lawn, this little guy is priority right now. I wanted to bring him to a rescue when I found the egg by the destroyed nest but everywhere is full with other orphaned animals. He seems to be doing good now. I hope he comes back next year to say hello =)
Since he is imprinted on you he may never be able to go to the wild, they have to learn all of this from their parents from hatch and it would be a long time before he could be released into the wild and most likely would not be accepted by wild Canadas, and would not know how to fly south. There are places where you could do research on how to take care of this gosling and there are people on here to raise them but I am pretty sure you have to have a permit. I hope and pray you don't do like so many we read about and just go sit him out by a lake or river and think he will make it because most likely he won't, sorry to be so blunt but it's just facts. I'll see if I can find a link to someone who raises Canadas and maybe you can PM them and talk about options for this lil one. looking for folks who have Canadas https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/775889/canada-geeseHere is some one who has Canadas if you PM they maybe able to tell you what would be the best thing for your gosling. https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/4828/pidgey104

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom