Thank you for welcoming me aboard BYC

Kimbristow

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2015
Hi, I'm Kim, for the past 15 year I have had a love of chickens, especially Silkies and I just can't stop finding more out about them day by day. At present I have about 80 pet birds who make sure I get up good and early each morning. My flock is a real mish mash of Pekins, Silkies, Redrock hens (we tend to buy the egg layers when they are 2 or 3 years old), Favels, a few other breeds of egg layers, a couple of Frizzles and a few crosses and a day early chick sitting in the incubator waiting for his friends to pop out of their shells to say hello.
About 5 years ago I had some questions I couldn't find the answer to in any of my books, so I went on line and found BYC who answered all of them and I still pop back now and again when I'm in need of more answers.
My whole family has a love of animals and over the years we have rescued 30 dogs and 30 cats from Spain and brought them to live with us in Ireland, their numbers are down to 16 dogs and 10 cats, 7 Ferrets.
I have been with Ian my husband and best friend for 17 years and have a daughter Chloe (aged 23) and a son Kieran (aged 15). Due to work Chloe lives away, Ian, myself and Kieran live in Co. Wexford on an acre, surrounded by wonderful Irish countryside.
I'm now off to find out if too high humidity is a probelm.

My Brinsea 20 died last year, so I bought JANOEL8-48, I'm doing a trial hatch to see how things go, my fingers are crossed for a hatch of 8 out of 14 eggs that I started with, day 21 is tomorrow, one chick hatched this morning, which has never happened before, I shall leave him in the incubator for 24 hours to entourage the others to hatch.

Can I leave him in the incubator for longer than 24 hours if the other chicks start to hatch tomorrow ?

Hello Kim, and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

I hope the hatch goes well! It would probably be fine to leave the chick in for longer than 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom