THANK YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME SO GREATLY WITH DUMB DUCK WON'T GET OUT OF SNOW

kseniyacholock

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2018
I can't thank you all enough for your great ideas! All of them were really good! Someone recommended why don't I ask my neighbors (who weren't taking care of the duck, neglecting it) why don't they give it to me ....Never crossed my mind! No, they definitely don't care about it at all and am sure would just love for a predator to come a long so they can be done with it, they were recently talking about dumping it at our lake a block over, to fend for itself, it's a domestic white pekin duck, I talked them out of it. Although it was a great idea I take it, and I definitely considered it because I'd love to own it, however, since I live in an apartment just as they do, Id have the problem of our landlord allowing such a pet (i.e. dogs and cats only) or moving and renting with one, and they live 30 years?! I can't believe how hard it is to find people to take these "as pets"and he's not even 1 yr old yet! It also doesn't help that it is not the most friendly of ducks as they let the kids chase it and it doesnt' let even them near it! Someone came up with contacting an Avian Rescue, I looked it up and there is just one in our area, not sure if they take domestic ducks but I contacted them and am awaiting a response. The humane society out here has a farm for these type animals but it is located really far and they will not drive it there, well let's put it this way, they won't do NOTHING for it! I would if it wasn't highway driving as I have a restricted (seizure disorder) license that does not allow me to drive the highways, only streets, which I prefer despite not having one in many many years. But a lot of great ideas and I can't thank you all enough for your knowledge and suggestions!!! GREAT website Backyard Chickens! Where you can get Help!, answers to your questions ASAP! Love it!!!!

I can't thank you all enough for your great ideas! All of them were really good! Someone recommended why don't I ask my neighbors (who weren't taking care of the duck, neglecting it) why don't they give it to me ....Never crossed my mind! No, they definitely don't care about it at all and am sure would just love for a predator to come a long so they can be done with it, they were recently talking about dumping it at our lake a block over, to fend for itself, it's a domestic white pekin duck, I talked them out of it. Although it was a great idea I take it, and I definitely considered it because I'd love to own it, however, since I live in an apartment just as they do, Id have the problem of our landlord allowing such a pet (i.e. dogs and cats only) or moving and renting with one, and they live 30 years?! I can't believe how hard it is to find people to take these "as pets"and he's not even 1 yr old yet! It also doesn't help that it is not the most friendly of ducks as they let the kids chase it and it doesnt' let even them near it! Someone came up with contacting an Avian Rescue, I looked it up and there is just one in our area, not sure if they take domestic ducks but I contacted them and am awaiting a response. The humane society out here has a farm for these type animals but it is located really far and they will not drive it there, well let's put it this way, they won't do NOTHING for it! I would if it wasn't highway driving as I have a restricted (seizure disorder) license that does not allow me to drive the highways, only streets, which I prefer despite not having one in many many years. But a lot of great ideas and I can't thank you all enough for your knowledge and suggestions!!! GREAT website Backyard Chickens! Where you can get Help!, answers to your questions ASAP! Love it!!!!
Where are you located? I'd take the duck immediately, poor thing!

Back
Top Bottom