Thankful for YOU - 2020

Pics
This is my first year being apart of BYC so I would like to thank ALL the members here. So much advice and suggestions have been offered and made which has got me through the first stage or two of raising my precious’s. All of you are important and being apart of this has made my year. This has been a horrible year all the way around for our country and world that to have an online team to go to brightens the day.
I of course am thankful for my family, health, and for having a job I was able to keep during these tough times.
Happy Turkey Day to all you chicken nuts out there from an obsessed chicken nut mom. Love you all

Okay there is no way I can list all the people here I’m thankful for... yes I know literally everyone else has said the same thing but it’s so true. I’ve only been here not even a year and I can’t even begin to show my appreciation for all of you here at BYC.

I’m thankful for all the people that made me feel at home when I first joined, including @Weeg, @AngelaY, @MGG, and so many others who were like my first friends on BYC, @jolenesdad obviously with this thread, @Kiki, @sourland and @Nifty-Chicken for helping me figure things out on here a bit easier,
@black_cat, @duckiemum whos really fun to hang around, @PioneerChicks, and @Xouie, and I haven’t even made a dent in all the people I want to list.

I want to thank everyone here, though, even the people I helped. That feeling of helping someone is just amazing. I agree with @Rlindsey and, tbh almost everyone else that said relatively the same thing...this year stinks, but we’re all in it together and I’m happy to be a goofball with you all. (Hey, I rhymed!:rolleyes:) anyway I hope Turkey day serves everyone well!

...ok I’ll stop with the stupid jokes now:duc

(also, names keep coming to me. I couldn’t figure out how to spell your username. Another one I should mention is @Sapphire Sebright...sorry I couldn’t remember lol

Last edited:
I suppose I should list some people here, however, I know those I don’t list will be screaming and yelling to be on my list.

I will start by listing @duluthralphie the smartest kindest person to ever live.

@BantyChooks listed me, I am sure it’s because I am her greatest mentor. She so gracefully accepted being wrong all these years when I pointed out to her (the official Grammar Nazi) the uses of the humble pe——-dash. Also the way she accepts use of multiple periods...... Her flexibility has grown as she prepares to ride that ice floe leaving us and the VWN forever. Please don’t pass up jumping on the chunk of melting ice ———this year........

I need to thank those aiding and abetting the terroristic actions of dux, without them I would not be enlisted in the noble effort battling dux to save mankind———— those traitors are:
@BantyChooks
@Mimi13
@shawluvsbirds
@WannaBeHillBilly
@Miss Lydia

There are all the people on “surviving Minnesota”
Everyone of them, especially those I have become real life friends with.
Two of whom are like family to the WW and myself:
@holm25
@MNChickMom

And the Minnesotans
@erlibrd
@Bogtown Chick
@bobbi-j
@ejb3810

And the non Minnesotans that want invaded the thread because they want to be Minnesotans
@Molpet
@jerryse
@R2elk
@itsasmallfarm

the people on the “honey factory” for helping me get through my first year of beekeeping, and will help me get to taste some honey next year with luck.

The turkey thread most of whom are listed above as are those from the honey thread.

and finally those naughty room girls that are always a laugh and trying to have my babies.
@casportpony
@WVduckchick
@Kiki
@room onthebroom
@shawluvsbirds

I am sure there are more but like @Mimi13 I am old and suffer serious CRS also.
quotes-tolerate.jpg

This Thanksgiving, we have no family nearby--moved here late April of 2020 to build a house, and so we don't know anybody in this town. We'll have turkey sandwiches, deviled eggs, and chips, because they're quick-foods we can eat on a lunch break while we install new decking on a back porch.

BUT--we're grateful for the strength, motivation, and materials to get the job done. And if decent weather accompanies this effort, we'll have even more Thanks to Give.

I am very thankful for learning about chickens from all the kind people that live on this BB.

I am thankful for all the critters in my life, whether they are still with me, or waiting for me at the rainbow bridge. I’m blessed for having had a Mom that taught me about the comfort, and wonder, animals share, wholeheartedly.

Most of all, I’m thankful for my 4 roll-poly Orps, who brighten all my days, immeasurably.

I suppose I should list some people here, however, I know those I don’t list will be screaming and yelling to be on my list.

I will start by listing @duluthralphie the smartest kindest person to ever live.

@BantyChooks listed me, I am sure it’s because I am her greatest mentor. She so gracefully accepted being wrong all these years when I pointed out to her (the official Grammar Nazi) the uses of the humble pe——-dash. Also the way she accepts use of multiple periods...... Her flexibility has grown as she prepares to ride that ice floe leaving us and the VWN forever. Please don’t pass up jumping on the chunk of melting ice ———this year........

I need to thank those aiding and abetting the terroristic actions of dux, without them I would not be enlisted in the noble effort battling dux to save mankind———— those traitors are:
@BantyChooks
@Mimi13
@shawluvsbirds
@WannaBeHillBilly
@Miss Lydia

There are all the people on “surviving Minnesota”
Everyone of them, especially those I have become real life friends with.
Two of whom are like family to the WW and myself:
@holm25
@MNChickMom

And the Minnesotans
@erlibrd
@Bogtown Chick
@bobbi-j
@ejb3810

And the non Minnesotans that want invaded the thread because they want to be Minnesotans
@Molpet
@jerryse
@R2elk
@itsasmallfarm

the people on the “honey factory” for helping me get through my first year of beekeeping, and will help me get to taste some honey next year with luck.

The turkey thread most of whom are listed above as are those from the honey thread.

and finally those naughty room girls that are always a laugh and trying to have my babies.
@casportpony
@WVduckchick
@Kiki
@room onthebroom
@shawluvsbirds

I am sure there are more but like @Mimi13 I am old and suffer serious CRS also.
Nutter.

After years of creeping I am thankful for @casportpony, though I have never had a one on one with them, I have used so much of their info. I am thankful for @dawg53 for soooo much worming advice. I am thankful for @jolenesdad for being a huge cheering squad and source of sanity during the Halloween HAL. I am thankful for @Dottie the Chicken for tagging me and bringing me into the online chicken show. There are a lot of people I may have accidentally left out, but I am so thankful for this community of smart, caring, informative people.

Back
Top Bottom