Thanks for having me!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sparrowesrest, Sep 10, 2016.

1. sparrowesrest

sparrowesrest New Egg

Sep 10, 2016
    I am new to raising chickens as of this spring and I already have no idea why I didn't have them sooner!

My "A-Team" consists of a disabled Ameracauna, a Cuckoo Maran, a Gold and a Silver Laced Wyndotte quad.

In the early spring, I lost my long loved and lived Cockatiel so in a moment of grief, I ordered 25 chicks. Coming to my senses, I cancelled the order and was refunded. Lo and behold, the following Wednesday the chicks still shipped! In a pinch, I pieced together a brooder. Expecting a degree of attrition, I had quite the viable batch :) The order consisted of Cochins, Brahmas and Polish. Much of the delivery was straight-run so I have three lovely roosters defending their ladies! I had several other roosters in the flock as well but was able to rehome them. After a strange illness that killed a rooster and a separate predator attack, I'm left with no Polish but the Cochin and Brahma babies are thriving with the A-Team.

Looking forward to reading more and posting as I'm able!

Many thanks again :)

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas and :welcome. Happy you joined our community! Glad your chickens are bringing you some joy. Best wishes!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    and Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. I would say you were MEANT to have chickens and so you do. Would love to see pictures.

In fact if you post photos (6 weeks or older) at "what breed or gender is this." you will find out.

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

7. sparrowesrest

sparrowesrest New Egg

Sep 10, 2016
    Many thanks! Here's a picture of my darling roo named Jacques. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by