Thanks for Having Me!

LavinmyBasket

Songster
Apr 30, 2020
NW Ohio
Hello,I am excited to be joining you! I have never had a flock of my own, but as a kid I spent hours hanging out in coops belonging to my Aunt & friends.

I found this site while I was in a panic last night and Googled info on why/what to do about my incubator humidity not rising high enough for lockdown of my Self-blue Ameraucana eggs. After some great info it is up to 70 with the vent half open.

This is my first time incubating or even raising chicks so it’s been a wild ride so far! I’m only praying that I will have some chicks hatch this weekend! I love the Self-blue and hope to learn lots about them and eventually sell hatching eggs, support 4-H kids with their projects & further the breed. I will keep a few hens of other breeds for colorful eggs for our family to enjoy as well. I just placed another order for more Self-blue & several other types of hatching eggs...I’m hooked already!

I live in NW Ohio, with husband, 2 of our 4 daughters, many cats, Australian Labradoodles (I am a breeder greystonelabradoodles.com) & Berkshire hogs. The farm is a Centennial Farm in my husband’s fam since 1836. My husband is a grain farmer and seed salesman for LG Seeds.

I thank you in advance for your shared knowledge as I’m sure I will have lots of questions! I hope to also be able to support this community once I know more! Be blessed & say a pray my eggs hatch this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom