Thanks for the add

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bboy1407, Mar 9, 2017.

1. bboy1407

bboy1407 New Egg

Mar 9, 2017
    Thank you for adding me.

I currently am looking to buy two hens. I am not experienced in raising backyard chickens but really want to start. This would be a good opportunity for my children to learn about hard work and taking care of animals,

Thank you again.,

Also if anyone is selling two hens please let me know. I am in Spring Tx

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, bboy1407, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Chickens are great for teaching kids all sort of things about responsibility! You might also take a tour of the great articles of the Learning Center - they will answer questions you already have and many you will have: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And if you want to chat with fellow Lone Star Staters, find the TX thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Hope you find the birds you seek and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. You can check out the Buy/Sell/Trade forum to see what's on offer in your locale but you need to have made 20 posts before you can participate.

Good luck

CT

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under bboy1407 [​IMG] Welcome!

At the risk of sounding like a chicken math enabler, can I recommend you consider 3 chickens? Sadly, we lose chickens along the way and if you only have two and lose one, your remaining hen will be very lonely. I have been there, done that and got the T-shirt! Had to race out and find my lone chicken a friend, waive quarantine etc. Now, I have 5 and make sure I never drop below 3.

Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I would encourage you to start with at least 3 as Teila mentioned...chickens are flock animals and do better in a group.

Best of luck to you!

6. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
    Welcome to BYC! This is THE place to be for anything and everything poultry related...
    Whether you're looking for help, info, insight, poultry breeders, ideas, or just friends, you've come to the right place!

Anyway, great to have ya here!

Make it a great day!

[​IMG]
    ~MW

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by