Thanks Parsonswife!!!!!

EmptyNest

Songster
12 Years
Jan 7, 2008
SW Iowa
I had eggs shipped to me last week and one had a crack. After a minor panic, I remember reading Parsonswife's post about dripping candle wax over the crack. I figured I didn't have anything to lose so I tried it. I candled last night at day 7 and I've got a baby - it was squirming all over the place. Thanks Parsonswife!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

frow.gif
Your Welcome. The Thanks though, goes to BYC! It was on here, I read about candlewax. I have no clue who or where, but that is what so great about this place! Lots and lots of information and ideas!

Note** the chick that hatched from the candlewax egg, she's (I think )
jumpy.gif
doing great! In fact....I'll go get a picture of her...gotta bring their cage into the sunroom tonight anyway..temps are dropping here.

Keep me updated on your eggs!
fl.gif

Agreed - the amount of great information is wonderful.

Would love to see a picture of your baby.
jumpy.gif

Temps here are not good either - it is actually snowing lightly here today which is highly unusual at this time of the year for sw Iowa. However, it's supposed to be in the 60's next week - maybe I'll get that garden planted afterall
big_smile.png

jumpy.gif

Here's Dot....though her spots are hard to see, she's feathering out nicely! She was screaming bloody murder because I took her away from the other babies. They are such a hoot!

SNOW? I saw that on the weather yesterday! We've been inundated with water! The river is flooding as we speak, and the levee's are weak,
fl.gif
fl.gif
(hold, hold)

My husbands father has a rent trailor on the river, he's been checking on it...it was up to the door yesterday. Didn't check last night (we had a fellowship meeting). We did hear they have closed the road...so it's just wait and see.

The upper part of the state has been put under a freeze warning....ugh! We are supposed to be in the high 30's tonight.

How many eggs and what kind do you have? Best wishes on your hatching. I was worried the candlewax would make it to difficult for the chick to come out....she pipped where the orginal crack was...the wax (because of the heat, was very soft...just wasn't thinking) I would just watch closely.
chicks002Small.jpg

What a cute chick. It's nice to see it out in the sun. I'm hoping to get mine out at the end of next week.

I was wondering about the chick being able to pip through the wax also. I've got them set to hatch on a Friday night so I'm sure as soon as I get home from work I'll be glued to the bator all night cheering them on
yippiechickie.gif

I've got a mixture of chicks right now. I ordered orpingtons (buff and white), RIR's, EE's, golden campines, black giants, golden polish, quail d'anvers and buff silkies from a hatchery - they are 6 weeks old today.

In the incubator I have blue/black/splash orpingtons and RIR's from Julie (BamaChicken) and some blue/black/splash orpingtons from Arizona and blue/black/splash silkies from California. I'm very quickly becoming partial to the orpingtons, silkies and polish.

I've got 12 acres and an empty nest so to speak - my youngest son leaves for college this fall. I decided I needed a hobby and I think I've found a very addictive one that I really enjoy.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom