Thanks to the group, the rescued rooster rides again!

henfoundus

Hatching
12 Years
Nov 25, 2007
It's been several months, but I wanted to thank the Forum for all the help I got when our family found a stray chicken-that-turned-out-to-be-a-rooster. We found "Pio" at the park, and he came to us. We'd never had any kind of a bird before, and we live in the city. Thanks to the group, the tired, starving bird that flew into our arms brightened up and turned out to be a Bantam Rhode Island Red rooster! Pio, unfortunately, was not beloved by all our neighbors (though most were wonderfully supportive, and often came to visit him as he wandered around our urban yard.) So, we found a small farm in a rural area where a rooster was needed for the farmer's small flock, and the Famer offered us two just hatched chicks to take home! We have two beautiful Silkies now, and are waiting for their first eggs. We love to watch them, and have built a tactor coop for them.
We couldn't have done it without the advice and information we found here. We thank you, and "Marion" and "Hillary" thank you, too.

clap.gif
wonderful story and I am happy to hear that Pio found a great new home with ladies to care for. Congrats on your two girls. I truly believe that good things happen to those who help animals in their time of need.

Back
Top Bottom