Thanksgiving Hatchalong

I finally have some pictures of the brood(s). We are up to 8 chicken chicks out of 10 so far. These are all backyard mixes from some of the brown egg layers. (Olive and blue eggs are due Black Friday.)

A white chick with a black spot on its head. Very curious.

I think my Barred Rock slipped an egg into the mix. lol

The first 8 curled up together.

Different species twins. The smaller one is a white quail with a dark spot. The larger one is a chicken with a dark spot. lol, twins!

Apparently, eating is exhausting. This quail chick fell asleep "in" the food dish.

This quail chick didn't quite make it into the dish. Just getting there was hard work. lol

This little quail chick spent a good 5 minutes bobbing around in the food bowl trying desperately not to fall asleep. It was almost like a toddler in their high chair fighting sleep while still trying to eat. lol!

I finally have some pictures of the brood(s). We are up to 8 chicken chicks out of 10 so far. These are all backyard mixes from some of the brown egg layers. (Olive and blue eggs are due Black Friday.)

A white chick with a black spot on its head. Very curious.

Great pictures!! The white with black spots look so much like some mixes I had last year. I had 2 with spots on the head that ended up being boys (hope your aren't lol), the pullet ended up being mostly white with a lot of black leakage in flecks and spots. Maybe yours will grow to look like my girl, Cookie:

I'm just on day 5 and I'm awaiting my candle day very impatiently! I'm afraid I've got a bunch of duds in there because the eggs we've been eating haven't been fertile
1f622.png
We added 6 quail eggs on saturday, never had quail before but husband said he wanted to his hand at them.

@firedragon1982 is hatching day today or tomorrow? Wishing you the best!

@wornoutmomto3 sorry to hear about your hen wishing you the best on the hatch.

@devinandfeather so s so cute thanks for sharing

Different species twins. The smaller one is a white quail with a dark spot. The larger one is a chicken with a dark spot. lol, twins!

Apparently, eating is exhausting. This quail chick fell asleep "in" the food dish.

This quail chick didn't quite make it into the dish. Just getting there was hard work. lol

This little quail chick spent a good 5 minutes bobbing around in the food bowl trying desperately not to fall asleep. It was almost like a toddler in their high chair fighting sleep while still trying to eat. lol!
gig.gif
These baby quails are SO CUTE!

Set my eggs for lockdown today. Seven out of twenty developed out of shipped eggs. Their silkies, from an assortment of colors. Can't wait to see what hatches out. Their was a NN in the flock so there's a poss. Of nn's. But I'm hoping for at least one buff.:).

Set my eggs for lockdown today. Seven out of twenty developed out of shipped eggs. Their silkies, from an assortment of colors. Can't wait to see what hatches out. Their was a NN in the flock so there's a poss. Of nn's. But I'm hoping for at least one buff.:).

Good luck! Hope to see pics of your new silkies and nn in the coming days :)

Back
Top Bottom