that is it..I have had it

dh won't let me cull him... he even took his gun with him so I couldn't do it myself.... Today he is going in a large cage....

i have two RIR roo's and am getting rid of both of them... Very agressive. for whatever reason it just started within the last month, and i have tried everything. i have a rir crossed with something else and he is not agressive at all. i have raised them all from chicks. My solution is not dumplings, its dressing... results are the same though!!

If the roo has any value as a breeder, then keep him in a pen and don't let him range. After some bad experiences I learned to not trust any roo around any person but me. DH can handle them but he'd rather not,
lol.png
and I am always aware of where they are and what their mood is. Most of mine have been very gentle - the worst was a Golden Sebright bantam- he drew blood. He's history now!

The meanest hen I currently have is a RIR- if she weren't such a good layer....................................

Quote:
Go check out the proccessing pages. There are lots of ways (better) to cull that doen't involve a gun. There are too many good roos to put up with a nasty one. I didn't look to see where you're from, but if it's anywhere close so SW WA pm me and you can have one of my extra roos that are nice, but are still destined for the crockpot because there are too many of them.

i have a barred rock X silver lakenvelder who's has regretably put himself in the same situation despite my best efforts to make him behave. he' s like the georgous guy everyone wants to date but wont cause he's such a jerk.
hope your sis is ok.

does anyone have a good link to processing?

Quote:
Go to the meat bird forum. There is an excellent post on converting a live chicken to something you can cook. Pictures and everything. BTW, I am now using a utility knife to kill chickens. Very sharp. I hang the chicken up by the feet and cut the jugular.

Quote:
The last thing you want is eye damage to one of your children from an aggressive roo.

Either rehome or process! I would process because you don't want those genes passed on.

I think its hard for him to kill anything ...I am still working on him to get rid of the stupid roo.... as for me doing it...not sure if I can...

Back
Top Bottom