That Lady from The Bahamas

badkittyamy

Chirping
Oct 20, 2012
(but now living in the savannah/pooler, ga area)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I actually have not a single chicken, I just think they're adorable, I do have friends with chickens though, so I suppose most of the following usual questions are fairly irrelevant.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
My friend said "Hey you like chickens go here!" When I was distraught over Something Awful making their forums restricted so without being a member I could no longer see their backyard chicken thread. (I was going to miss seeing Roostroyer, but I see Chido is a member here of course so HOORAH)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have a LOT of hobbies a LOT. I train dogs, I'm an artist with a degree in Animation and a minor in interactive game design and development, I like to build things with my handsss, (mother's day ads bug me I don't want roses I want POWER TOOLS) I'm also a bit of a dork so I love video games and reading. I have my own mini library of both.

I built both of these cages

I also make other things

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Originally I'm from The Bahamas, born and raised, though I currently reside in Pooler, GA which is pretty much Savannah. I'm a freelance artist on the side, shift manager of a Coldstone Creamery by day. As for other pets I have sort of a zoo. 1 leopard gecko: Grissom, 2 bearded dragons: Tang and Jacques, 1 salmon jungle red tail boa: Star, 1 lemon pastel: Goombay, 1 rat: Higginbotham (this is recent I would usually never keep one rat but I had 2 deaths recently so waiting to find a good bunkmate for my boy), 1 border collie mutt: Shelby and 1 rottweiler: Ch of The Bahamas Rott-Berger Gold CD CGC RN (yeah it's a mouthful of titles). I actually own 6 rottweilers total but the others are home in The Bahamas doing security work.

Some of my 'kids'

She knows when it's time to work and when it's silly time...

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Greetings from Kansas, badkittyamy, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here! Sounds like you lead a full and fascinating life - you are very talented. I hope you are able to add 'chicken raiser' to your resume' soon! Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom