That was fun!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by FiveHens, Sep 4, 2011.

1. FiveHens

FiveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    I was cleaning out our coop the other day, and it has a lot of little corners and angles that you either have to attack with a whisk broom or blow on with all your might to get the dust and dirty bedding out. Which is a fairly big project. So yesterday, I was doing exactly that, and I had the inspiration to use this electric leaf-blower that we got for cheap at a yard sale to clean it out. I took it outside plugged it in, and, FOOM! All the dust and gunk flew right out the door! I cleaned the entire chicken coop in about 5 minutes by squirting the leaf-blower in different directions, and I got to dust places that haven't been dusted in years! Definitely worth buying that leaf-blower just for the pure satisfaction of five-minute coop-cleaning. [​IMG]

2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

LOL. I was thinking I could do that, cuz my leaf blower has a low to high blow dial... SO, could control how much it will FLY! lol

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I hope you wore a dust mask!
    I have thought about doing that myself, but envisioned something out of a bugs bunny cartoon.
    Dust and dust and more dust, and when it finally settled the would be nothing around me but flattened coop and missing chickens.
    I am glad it worked for you. [​IMG]

4. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] there are times I need one for my house [​IMG] thanks for the idea ....

5. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    With the sand in my coop, I don't have dust. But I can also see a bugs bunny cartoon with me doing that.

6. jr4racing56

jr4racing56 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2011
    Washington WV
    nice...

7. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    great idea!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by